New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield XD
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ive decided to buy an XD in .45ACP. Does anyone have good or bad expirience wt this gun? Anythng i should know about? Doesnt it come with a case full of gear too? Thanks in Advance.

Well polish my balls and serve me a milkshake!

Posts: 325 | Location: Cordele, GA | Registered: 24 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
The only bad thing I have to say is that I can't buy or make ammo fast enough.

I have both XD45 Service and Tactical. Very boring guns. Goes bang every time. Eats almost anything. Very accurate. Comes with case, funny looking plastic holster and mag carrier. Field strips in seconds literally.

XD forums
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/index.php

ZM

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not much i can add to that.

shoot great, never jams, accurate. definately recommend it to anyone.

posted Hide Post
Sorry, I just found your question. The XD is everything anyone could want in a handgun. Accurate,reliable, and fits the hand like it was made for it. Just can't say enough about it.

The foundation for old age is good memories.

Posts: 15 | Location: louisiana | Registered: 24 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had the pleasure of shooting an XD in .40 S&W last month vs a S&W M&P in .40.

My comparison was limited to a box of fmj's per each gun on an indoor range out to 10 yards.

The XD is a great gun. It handled recoil better than the M&P.

I liked the M&P's grip an design, but It seemed too light for shooting .40 IMO.

Sight aquisition was quick and easy - good sights.

XD's are well built and friendly to grip.

I'm considering buying a compact XD in 9mm.

I primarily shoot my USP in .40 .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
1st let me say that i hate plastic guns, they ar all ugly and should be melted down. now that thats out of the way I've got a xd in 40s&w, it works flawless, digests everything, points naturally and does everything well - damn - now if it just wasn't plastic

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Only plastic gun I own is an XD9 3" model. A very nice, well made, accurate gun.

I would not hesitate to buy an other XD

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have the 45, but have both the service and subcompact model 9mm's and have been very pleased with both--literally gobble up any kind of ammo without a bobble, both very accurate, easy to strip as mentioned, natural pointers--what's not to love?

Posts: 217 | Location: upstate ny | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote