THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    32 S&W Long-Any currently manufactured?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

32 S&W Long-Any currently manufactured?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there any company currently producing revolvers or autos in the subject caliber?

I have a very old S&W revolver but would like a newer one as the old some is somewhat of an heirlom, but still shoots fine. Mostly would like a small sized revolver like the old Smith. Thanks for any help. Merg

Posts: 351 | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Walther GSP that has an extra bbl in .32 Long. Shoots wad cutters only. Probably not what you are looking for though.

Posts: 153 | Location: God's country Northern Minnesota | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
You might try the Taurus website. They have made .32 S&W Long revolvers, off and on for a long time.

Have you thought about the .32 H&R Magnum? Might be a better option if you handload. It would be a cinch to duplicate .32 S&W performance and more if you want it. The Ruger SP-101 is a great little six-shooter and is chambered for .32 H&R Magnum. Naturally, you can also fire .32 S&W Long in it, as well. Wink

"No one told you when to run; you missed the starting gun."

Posts: 483 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Manurin(Chapuis) makes a very fine target 32 revolver in this caliber that is used by many target shooters here in europe but it is expensive.

So many guns in the world, but not enough in my safe

Posts: 13 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
one of my 32 mag ruger single sixes gets a steady diet of light 32 s&w long loads. They work great for the grandkids.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of New River Valley Outdoorsman
posted Hide Post
The .32 S&W Long can be fired in any revolver chambered for .32 H&R Magnum, of which there are many. S&W Makes one, so do Charter Arms, and New England Firearms. I recently bought an "Undercoverette" (!!) by Charter Arms, and it appears to be a very nice product.

There are also many very fine older guns out there in .32 S&W Long: the caliber isn't very popular and these frequently sell for less, andin better shape, than the .38 Special equivalents. Look for a S&W Model 30 or 31.

"For that which befalleth the sons of Man befalleth also the beasts; even as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they all have one Breath, so that a man hath no preminence over a beast, for all is Vanity."

Ecclesiastes III:19

Posts: 8 | Location: Blacksburg Virginia | Registered: 05 June 2007Reply With Quote