THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Inventor of ASP pistols passes away

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inventor of ASP pistols passes away
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
Paris Theodore, inventor and manufacturer of the ASP line of covert pistols reportedly just passed away, at age 63, from complications of MS. As a painter in oils, who was also a CIA operative, and then a holster and pistol maker, he had a varied life.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AC

Many many years ago I had the oppertunity to shoot one of his original S&W Mod 39 modifications with the "Guttersnipe" sight.

With a little practice it worked very good.

Here is a trivia question, what round were the originals [the original CIA versions] set up for??? Big Grin

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
First One I handled back in the late 1960's was a 9mm or 9 x 19. I don't know the triva version though. Was way ahead of it's time, so many features are common today.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote