Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with Stoeger pistol?
 Login/Join

posted
My first handgun was a 22 LR Stoeger Luger bought in 1972. Totally unreliable the shop swapped me another and then I sold it. Two years ago feeling nostalgic I bought another at a local show. Today I was a show when I saw a Stoeger 22 Luger in a configuration I had never seen before.

It has an 8" barrel and looks like an Artillery Model P08. I know they made a 4.5" "Standard Model" and a 6" "Target Model" with adjustable sights but this version is unknown to me.

I have read that early ones had steel frames and later ones had alloy frames and I think this is steel (unless the internal parts are drawing the magnet). I note that there are some differences between my "Standard Model" and this one. The standard has S and F on the safety while this Artillery Model has red and green dots. Also, there is a difference in the frame contours along the sides.

Does anyone have info on the model? I suspect it is a somewhat rare variation simply because I've not seen or heard of it. Am I wrong and just missed them?