Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping with one spent case
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RobinB
posted
I have been reading a Kahr catalog and it says "Now shipping with trigger locks and one spent case". Why the spent case?

Robin

Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac? He stayed up all night wondering if there's a dog.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is included because some areas have registration laws which require "ballistic fingerprinting". You are required when registering to provide the case as it has an imprint of the firing pin. Alot of companys do this smith and ruger do. Easier to send it out with every gun. Just like the warning labels on products about what the state of california thinks of a product.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Maryland State Police [where they require it] did a study and found 'ballistic fingerprinting' to be worthles , but it continues !! NY also requires it.

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Yep, I had a gun delayed several weeks while the county sheriff shot my gun once (aledgedly) so they'd have a case. I guess the lesson here is if you're going to shoot someone... Use a revolver! clap

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
Fired Case Law! Wink

"No one told you when to run; you missed the starting gun."

Posts: 483 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Collins, are you saying that only semiautos must have a spent case included? For some reason I assumed that both revolvers and pistols were covered. The spent case, as I understand it not only has the primer mark on it, but also extractor and other case dents caused by ejection. For a revolver, only the primer presumably would be note worthy. Of course, one could always change the firing pin in a semi!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What he means is: use a revolver because it does not automatically eject the case. No case at the crime scene=no case to compare to.

Libertatis Aequilibritas

Posts: 570 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Billhilly good point! I forgot about that!!!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We don't seem to be able to vote the Dimocrats out due to prevailing demographics and get some common sense back in government.

MD Attorney General was recently heard to say something to the effect that...we can lossen up on CC permits for average residents because there are too many criminal out there with guns....it would be a battle in the streets like the old west. Instead he takes pride in Baltimore being the 2nd most dangerous city in the country where the criminals are able to just murder the citizens without any concern about return fire. What kind of mind comes up with this logic??? Clearly a product of the public schools...because they suck too!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhilly66:
What he means is: use a revolver because it does not automatically eject the case. No case at the crime scene=no case to compare to.

Ssshhhhhhhh...

sofa

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote