THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Ruger Super BlackHawk 44 mag 10.5 barrel

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Super BlackHawk 44 mag 10.5 barrel
 Login/Join

posted
I would like to sell mine but I'm not sure on the price range. It has a Leupold M8 2X scope and pachmayr grips, Burris bases. It's blued with no ware, very few rounds through it.

Any help would be great.
Thanks

Posts: 6 | Location: Hauser Lake, Montana | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, seeing as no one has answered...if you really want to know, check out gunsamerica.com. My impression is that the 10.5 inch barrel is a drawback and not an advantage, but if you find the right person...
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've found that items at auction give a pretty good indication of the going rate, so I checked gunbroker. Asking prices run in the $400 range for the 10.5" model, but none have sold at that price. In fact none of the blued versions have received a bid in the past 90 days. Highest bid on a NIB stainless model was $400. I think Peter is on the mark about the 10.5" version. It fills a very small niche, so it might take a while to sell unless you accept a substantial loss. Now the Leupold scope is a different story altogher. In excellent condition it should bring somewhere around $140.

Posts: 75 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The longer barrel was for sillouette shooters, which is really no longer as popular these days. The barrels are just too long for practical hunting gun use. I too have seen these guns sit for a long time at gunshops with 375.00 tags on them. The Pachmeyer grips make it worth even less so I would look for a pair of original style grips and perhaps it will sell quicker at least. You could also try to trade it to a custom gunsmith/pistolsmith for custom work performed or to put it towards another gun you may be interested in. Another option is to list it on a custom gunmakers site as a base gun for a custom revolver conversion. Some allow this as this gives their regular clients a base gun to purchase for the conversion.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in stainless. It's intended for silhouette shooting. I just like shooting off the bench or offhand with it.

The bbl. length provides for good velocity for the 44 mag ammo, and also a decent sight radius for targets. (But then yours is scoped.)

I haven't priced them lately, but they seem as popular as ever -- which is not raging popular, but it "fills a niche" and quite well.