Notify
Tools

IWB holster for Glock22
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Gabriel
posted
Hi
I was wondering if any of you have an idea for a practical IWB holster for a Glock 22. I don't know much about them. Not that's the ideal gun to carry, but right now i don't have a better choice.

Survival of the fittest? That's just natural selection.

Posts: 117 | Location: ND/United States | Registered: 14 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of anyone complaining about Milt Sparks Summer Special holsters.

http://www.miltsparks.com/

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Here's another link to a holster maker that gets good marks from people who take CCW seriously.

http://www.bulmangunleather.com/welcome.html

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gabriel
posted Hide Post
merci beaucoup!

Survival of the fittest? That's just natural selection.

Posts: 117 | Location: ND/United States | Registered: 14 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gabe
A Milt Sparks Summer Special is ther way to go.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
here is a link to a really good setup:
http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/wio.htm

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few items to think about in holster design for a Glock:

First is that the Glock generally is fat and difficult to carry IWB. People do it, but you have to buy larger pants. Barrel length is not the crucial concern. It's the grip sticking out from the holster.

Find a holster that holds the grip close to your body.

IWB can be done (right handed shooter) from about 11 O'clock (cross draw) around to 1 O'clock, to about 4 O'clock on the belt.

4 O'clock is going to be the one where the grip sticks out.

Crucially, for CCW, IWB on a Glock, you want to ensure a holster design where there's no danger of snagging the trigger with flaps, snaps, straps, etc, pants loops, cell phones, key holders, whatever.

I carry a Kahr MK9 in a Kramer horsehide IWB. Very nice.

Smith Mod. 60 and a compact 1911 in Galco Scout. I'm not nuts about the 1911 for IWB. Sometimes I wish the Scout had a "back flap" between the body and the gun.

Before you walk out the door with your choice, ask to stick it in your pants with your Glock and walk around the shop, sit, bend over, squat. Check it in a mirror to see if it works.

I have maybe 8 guns I've purchased for CCW, couple holsters for most of them -- belt/pancake style, IWB.

Never found one yet that wasn't a compromise -- size, bulk, caliber.