New
Find
Notify
Tools

sights
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
looking at todays array of pistols i find one thing lacking. adjustable sights - years ago i learned that if i going to be a decent pistol shooters that i needed a sight that would adjust to my eyes. now on revolvers adjustable sights are common, but no so on pistols. Yeah i know some say that they are to fragile or would get hung up on a draw. yet i've replace the fixed sights on many and never found it to be true. if a guy is paying anywhere from 600 to the sky, why not give him another 20 worth of adjustable sights

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too many are convinced adjustable sights are a liability on a self defense firearm due to the slim chance they will be knocked out of adjustment.

It also allows manufacturers to sell adjustable sights as a premium option.

I have many handguns with adjustable sights and never had a problem with changing zeros.

I highly prefer adjustable over fixed for all uses.

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Too many are convinced adjustable sights are a liability on a self defense firearm due to the slim chance they will be knocked out of adjustment

Fix sights have been around longer then adjustable ones.

I have pistols with both only one revolver with fixed. As long as they shoot to the point of aim fixed work just fine.

Most auto sights are easy to change fixed revolver sights are a PITA.

Posts: 19576 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote