New
Find
Notify
Tools

what 9's can be shot a lot?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What small to medium framed 9mm's could stand up to steady shooting?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
S&W M&P

Fantastic pistol.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only 9's I've put a lot of ammo through are 1911s and the Tanfolio CZ75s. The 1911s obviously do fine ... they can last through a number of barrels at 30,000-40,000 rds per barrel (20k rds of major Super per bbl). Just build with a high quality slide like a Baer.

The CZ are probably not as hardy, but at 5,000 rounds one of mine is just starting to look polished inside the rails.

My youngest son has put close to 20k rounds through a SIG 226 and it's doing fine.

I have friends who have worn out Berettas ... in fewer than 8,000 rounds. Was junk at that point.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Just about any of the major manuf. make a pistol that will outlast the avg. shooter. I have seen 10,000rds put through a Glock in one day of shooting (torture testing). Buy a quality pistol, S&W, Sig, HK, Glock, Ruger, etc. (even Berreta) & you can't go wrong. Small-med. farme, I would look at the Glock 19, HK compact, Sig239 to name a few.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glock will out last them all.

Posts: 19576 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
The only thing that bugs me about my Glock, is the unsupported, polygon bbls. It causes problems for handloaders especially those wanting to use lead bullets. It's a shame that you have to buy an extra bbl. to get the most out of a Glock, JMO. They are hell for stout though & will run alooong time on +p level ammo w/ little care.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Glock 19. No need to worry about the unsupported barrrel on the 9mm, just the 40's. No need to run lead through them IMO, when you can buy Rainier plated bullets for the same price.

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Yes molar but if you cast your own bullets, they are almost free.clap I sorung for a replacement bbl. from LoneWolf. Shoots very nice w/ jacketed, plated or lead. It is worth the $90.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes molar but if you cast your own bullets, they are almost free

I've got a mold, but after casting 500 bullets, I decided it wasn't for me. Too much work involved to save just a few bucks.

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I have a dozen + molds & two casting pots, but I don't cast much anymore, too much time. Someday soon though, my time will be worth less & I'll start up again. Still, even buying lead bullets, it saves you enough after a couple thousand to go for a pistol that will allow you to shoot what ever you want, or buy a proper bbl. for your Glock or USP.

One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
I have 3 lead pots and when I'm casting I get with the program. Casting for 9mm is a pain though because like some of you have said there so cheap and better quality I find that it's not worth it. All my bigbore revolvers use hard cast that I made.

As far wich 9mm will last I have quite a bit of experiance with that allthough I've not tested everything on the market my expireance leads me to ether a Glock 19 or 17 or a Beretta 92. I've shot thousands of rounds through these and they stand up.
A freind of mine spent the better part of a couple years tring to wear out a Beretta 92.
At 86,000 rounds he broke the slide release and at 104,000 rounds the barrrel burst at the chamber. He stuck a new barrel on the gun and is still shooting it but considered the test complete when the barrel went.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CZ75, I got the Israeli version thru Springfield Armory. Twenty years later it's still running like new. Even the Guru liked them, and we all know how he felt about DA autos and 9mm's.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's called the M-40 or L-35 depending on which country produced it.

One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
CZ 75 P-01! It has a NATO Spec that last I heard, no one else has met for compact pistols.

Polymer frame, but don't want the Glock 26? Get a Sringfield XD Compact. Conventional rifling and stonger steel rail system that is a single modular unit imbedded in the polymer frame to give you the support of Steel around the chamber area. Wink

"No one told you when to run; you missed the starting gun."

Posts: 483 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll go for the CZ 75.Have fired over 5000 rounds and its still going strong.

Posts: 55 | Location: Pakistan | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tony R
posted Hide Post
Dont have a clue how many rounds fired but my glock 17 has been around the block a few times and it is still strong. I use hornady 115 grn HP/XTP in my reloads with not a single jam. I have had more problems with factory ammo. The accesory market for the glock is great also though a little over priced for me. I like my walther p88 compact but I have only put a few hundred rounds through it with no problems.

Posts: 75 | Location: vancouver wa. | Registered: 17 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Undertaker
posted Hide Post
Ruger P series are built like tanks
Never had any problems with them at all

Posts: 13 | Location: Ontario | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Springfield XD = Colt 2000 by Stoner. Fresh paint on a twenty year old car.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Either the 1911 or the Glock.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote