New
Find
Notify
Tools

taurus 1911
 Login/Join

Picture of Thomas R Sink
posted
How does the taurus 1911 perform. What do the pistol shooters think about the pistol. I would like to know the pro and cons about the pistol

Posts: 5 | Location: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: 13 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The new PT1911 is a great pistol. Has fed everything I put in it. If for some reason I lost it, I would buy another in a heartbeat. Great pistol at half the price of a Kimber.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is a helluva deal for the money. For less than $500 out the door it will do anything you need of a defense type pistol. My only complaint is the trigger pull is not wonderful, not terrible, but it needs to be cleaned up. I'd buy another one in a second.

While on the Taurus topic, I'm considering buying one of the DA "1911" types, specifically the 24/7 Pro in .45. Anyone have any experience with this system?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas R Sink:
How does the taurus 1911 perform. What do the pistol shooters think about the pistol. I would like to know the pro and cons about the pistol

SHOOTING TIMES REVIEW OF THE PT-1911

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/lonewolf5347/SPRINGFIELD45AUTO002.jpg
the above is a mil spec SA 1911 new price was $599.00
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/lonewolf5347/newupgradedsa001.jpg
Now finished will all the upgrades by myself maybe another $70.00 added
trigger breaks 2 1/2 lbs
new Chip Mccormick sear and combat hammer
colt commander grip safety 80's series
cylinder and slide sear spring
Wilson combat hammer
EGW oversize pin stop
all new wolf springs also 19 lb MSH spring
I purchase this mil spec a few months back funny thing it was a toss uo between the mil spec or the Taurus 1911 .The dealer was asking $625 for the Taurus yes it was a nice 1911 seem I looked at a few and this to me was the best yet:I could not see going for the the Taurus over the mil spec at that price.
I have to say I have over a 1,000 rounds threw it and not one problem
I may have paid a few dollars more only because the NM serial number there are no marking made in brazil

Posts: 149 | Location: LONG ISALAND N.Y. @ CALABASH N.C. | Registered: 16 June 2006Reply With Quote