New
Find
Notify
Tools

Night sights
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My Ruger 1911 has Novak sights and cut. The front site has sired off/broken off with the base of the sight still in the cut.

No issue, I will use it as a reason to update to night sites.

So, who's sights would yo go with. I am an leaning as follows:
1 trigicon hd night sites for Novak cut. Issue I wold prefer one insert either dot or line in the center of the rear site. Trijicon only offers night sights with two inserts in the rear sight wings. I do like trigicon quality.

2 Novak low mount tritium front and rear with rear tritium post in the center of the sight running horizontal not vertical.
Issue Novak just broke on me for no good reason.
3 Hinnie straight 8. Issue I wish it was a trigicon.

What do y'uns say.

Posts: 12032 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use 3 dot sights for my night sights

Posts: 19576 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ahve been swapping out my all of my pistol sights for the Trijicon HD Night Sight and prefer their green front sight.

Posts: 1625 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I had Alan (owner of Springco USA) install tritium novaks on my CZ75 night stand pistol. Love them.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got the Trij in my Kimber. First class.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. I am not saying anyone is wrong. I went with the trijicon hds. The dots in the rear are very small and not bit districting in the daylight like white dots. This was a big plus. The rear has a very deep and wide U. It is to me very different than novaks (stock white dots) I have been shooting on my 1911s . It finds the lime green front dot fast in day light.

The lime green dot disappears in the dark and the fine bright tritium dot comes in very bright.

Posts: 12032 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote