New
Find
Notify
Tools

cz custom Shop
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have any experience with the CZ custom Shop? I'm considering the cz75-sp01 w/o firing pin block. Any and all input would be appreciated.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I don't have any experience with the CZ custom shop, but I have fired the pistol you mention, owned by a friend. It is a very fast shooting, easy shooting pistol. It may be my next purchase as I never hit so many so fast with a pistol which qualifies for "production" class.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
I don't have any experience with the CZ custom shop, but I have fired the pistol you mention, owned by a friend. It is a very fast shooting, easy shooting pistol. It may be my next purchase as I never hit so many so fast with a pistol which qualifies for "production" class.

SP01 is not good when I talk about trigger characteristic. Every CZ-75 with "D" (deckoking) feature has a very long trigger travel, which I really dislike.But for example CZ-97 SA only is very different gun. No production (not really custom) CZ-75/85 is comparable to for example Jericho 941 I own in shooting pleasure and "fast shooting" accuracy, especially when we was comparing my Jericho with police CZ-75BD Compact. Trigger on this "D" featured gun is really horrible. It is my opinion.

Jiri

Posts: 2104 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
I have some experience with CZs, but not with their custom shop. If you're talking about the SP-01 Shadow, it has a tuned trigger and is a different pistol than Jiri is talking about which is the SP-01 Tactical w/decocker, in the USA. Ask your dealer, he should have no problem ordering from the custom shop. BTW, this pistol weighs in at about 42 oz. unloaded. I had hoped it would have been made with a forged alloy frame like its compact predecessor, the P-01.

Manual safety or decocker, CZ pistols have about the closest thing you'll ever find to a S&W Revolver trigger on a DA pistol and I do shoot mine DA. They do take some work breaking in, but it's worth it. Also, the prongs on the hammer are at a bit more of a severe angle than they used to be. At www.czforum.com you'll see references to hammer camming. This is the cause, but the Shadow uses a competition hammer that has its hammer prongs cut to match flush with the sear and eliminates camming.It also has an overtravel stop on the trigger which will give you an excellent SA trigger release. Maybe comporable to 1911s costing about twice the money. Essentially what is done if you send your CZ pistol to the custom shop for a trigger job, along with polishing. Wink

"No one told you when to run; you missed the starting gun."

Posts: 483 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote