Find
Notify
Tools

Kahr K 40
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted
I just purchased a K40 and it will not eject loaded ammo , anyone have a Kahr ? Please coment if yours is like this one that will not eject loaded ammo .

Don't take the chip !

Posts: 578 | Location: PA | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ball or hollowpoints, what weight bullets? May need to go to something lighter. Are the loads w/in OAL specs?

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My CW9 has eaten anything I have fed it so far. They say put 200 or so through it "get it running" but mine has never hiccup'd. That said, I have never tried to eject loaded ammo with it?

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
quote:
ball or hollowpoints, what weight bullets? May need to go to something lighter. Are the loads w/in OAL specs?

Factory winchester 180 gr FMJ Flat point
They will not eject out of port ! too long !
My point is why is there no information on this problem from Kahr ????

Don't take the chip !

posted Hide Post
I have had a K40 for a number of years and have never had a problem with it. Ejecting loaded rounds isn't something I've done very often. I use 180 gr. lead flat points for the most part and have run some Speer 165 gr. Gold Dots through it. Functioning is fine. If you reload, finding the best seating depth can make a difference on functioning. I'd contact Kahr and see what they have to say.

Posts: 4 | Location: Orrville, OH | Registered: 24 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
I just got a e-mail from kahr ! I will print it her for you all to read ! An idiot answer from a Kahr imployee !
Good Morning . I have spoken to one of our gunsmiths about the K40 not ejecting live rounds and he has told me that this can happen with live roumd and hand cycling because when you are pulling on the slide ,it does not go back with the same amount of force as when a round is fired therefore it can interfere with proper ejection and extraction . I hope this has answered your question . Sincerely XXXX no need for a name here ! can you guys believe this idiot sending this answer ????? I have several auto's and all of them will eject live ammo ! The live ammo binds on the shoulder and slide when trying to eject a live round ! so I assume the gun is made to do just that and since I can't get an answer from Kahr of any worth !!! I will live with it !

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Found the problem and cured it ! The spring was to long .

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Concho42:
Found the problem and cured it ! The spring was to long .

How does if shoot now that you have cut the spring?

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
I have never shot it , I received it and manually working it I found it to not function properly ! I never take a gun to the range untill I check everything New or used !

Don't take the chip !