Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber "SOlo"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
Have any of you had an experience with the new Kimber "Solo" in 9mm?

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
Handled one today. Not sure what to think....looked odd to me and I'm not sure whether or not I'll get used to it....they do look different. Pretty slick and quite small for a 9, though.

Regards,
Scott

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
My pal, Peter Caroline, who writes for Dillon's Blue Press is getting one from Kimber to test. I am very interested in his test results and if all is as good as Kimber claims, I want/need one. I will post his results....

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
I'll look forward to it.

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just posted a video on shooting the Kimber Solo Carry on my web page, www.davesgunpages.com under the Guns & Accessories page.

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
I handled one locally. Very nice fit, finish, feel. Well made.

One issue is that the slide would not lock open like it is supposed to do. I pointed this out to the sales guy... he got embarassed and quickly pointed out a different gun for me to try.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote