THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Witness Match - updated with shooting results

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Witness Match - updated with shooting results
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted
I'd been thinking about the new EAA (Tanfoglio) Elite Match model for a while but had not been able to handle one. At the Houston gunshow today Schramms had them marked down to $399.

After fondling and trying the trigger a few times it had to come home with me. This may well be the best trigger I've ever felt on a factory pistol. High polish blue slide on the flats, matte on the top, brushed chrome frame, matte on the grooved front and rear grip. Grip is a little on the large side, but that's so you can stuff 15 rounds of .40 S&W in it. They also had 12 round .45's and 10mm, and 18 round 9mm for the same price. Nice fully adjustable target sights, and did I mention it has a really nice SA only trigger.

And lucky for me it fits a holster I already had for a long gone CZ 40B. Now to get it to the range tomorrow.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please let us know how it shoots off the bench at say 25 yards. I have been toying with he idea of getting one of these.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
Got to shoot the .40 S&W Witness Match today, but only shot at 15 yards. It has a definite preference for 165 gr. loads. I shot WWB 180's, Remington 165 MS, and Corbon 165 JHP, we won't talk about the Winchester load. I shot these after about an hour on the bench shooting test loads in my 7x57.

For measurements I have taken the outside of the black ring around the bullet entry hole at the widest point, then subtracted bullet diameter.

Remington 165's (the cheap ones):
15 shots into one large hole measuring 1.132" center to center high x .355" c to c wide. Then adjusted the sights as it was shooting slightly to the right and put 5 into one hole measuring .386" c to c.My altitude seemed to be off here with the vertical stringing, I shot the Corbons last and they seem to show I can get the elevation under control.

Corbon 165's, the 1150 FPS load:
10 shots into .776" c to c, and that is only because I pulled the last shot, the first 9 went into one almost perfectly round hole .378" c to c. The 10th shot I pulled outside the main group a good 1/4" to the left.

This would be an amazing pistol with a better operator and better eyes.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks good. I was thinking of getting one in 10mm.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of glockmeister71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by browningguy:
This would be an amazing pistol with a better operator and better eyes.

Both sound pretty damn good to me.

Posts: 145 | Location: Knoxville,TN. | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got my Witness Match in 10mm. Trigger is good as already reported. Why the warning about not using +P loads. Is this standard with new guns? I need to get some brass, pronto.
Peter.

one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
I think it's just typical legalese, if you read the warning they tell you not to use non-standard, handloaded, remanufactured or reloaded ammo.

But who knows. I'd think full sammi spec 10mm would give you enough thump anyway. Razzer

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

one of us
posted Hide Post
Took my new Witness Match in 10 mm to the range Saturday. At 25 yards, 10 ring accuracy with 180 gr. HP's at a little over 1200 fps, Georgia Arms ammo. from a pistol rest. I need to try it again as I was more concerned with where my brass was going (about 15 feet to the right) than I was about groups. However, I am pleased with the accuracy, it is certainly better than the standard Witness.
peter.

one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
I'm still liking my .40, glad to hear your's is shooting well. By the way, I found both rear sight screws loose on mine after the second range day. It is apparantly a well known problem so you might want to locktite yours when you get a chance.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure would like to hear about your latest adventures with the Witness guns. I'm still waiting, ( 3 months now ), for my Witness limited in 10MM. smoker1

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
--Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 868 | Location: NYS | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well it took 7 months but it finally came in. From what I can see now it was more than worth the wait. Bought an optics mount from Nuerich (sp) and put a red dot on it. Now I need to find a reasonablly priced comp holster and some double stack mag holders. Need some warmer weather for better shooting conditions. smoker1

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
--Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 868 | Location: NYS | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With Quote