New
Find
Notify
Tools

sig 938
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i've had a sig 238 since they came out for a hot weather carry gun, but have often wished for some with a little more power. the 938 finally hit my dealer shelf. a very tiny bit larger than the 238, but in 9x19. of course it did find its' way home with me. i'm quite satisfied with the little tike. at 10 yds it will hold 3 shots touching if i do my part right. so far i've only run about 100 rds through it, but it has digested everything without a hiccup. only part that is a minor complaint is the mag. i've never had anything with a mag spring so strong. they must have taken it out of a truck. by the time i get the 6 rds in the clip the fingers are getting sore. had to quit after the first 8 clips full cause of sore hands. on the other hand it does make it very reliable.

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've got one with both the 6-rd. and 7-rd. magazines.

The 6-rd. magazine is definitely tougher to load compared to the 7-rd. magazine. My guess is that they use the same length spring, so it's more heavily compressed in the smaller magazine.

I use an UpLULA on these to save my thumbs from undue wear. Big Grin

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
Ditto above comments, although mine seem to have gotten a little easier to load with use. Both 238 & 938 are sweet little pistols IMO. P938 is EDC.

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up an 938 Extreme. My mags are the same.

Lots of negative reviews on the first ones released but more recent production seems much improved. Mine has functioned flawlessly so far.

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote