New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 22 Conversion
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Kimber and I have a NIghthawk Custom and also a Marvel 22 conversion kit. I think it would make a lot of sense to buy a plain frame and just put the Marvel on it. Anyone done this and just leave it as a 22? If so, any idea where to get frames, etc.

Thanks for advice,

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
I have done it quite often in the past.

Caspian, or for seconds (cosmetic blems)
Foster industries

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

Posts: 332 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
sarco (I know I know) they have frames w/o the ejector holes. Just what you need for a 22 conversion. They're $50 each.

(wish I live anywhere else) Frowner

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Marvel conversion unit is certainly worthy of a quality frame with a really good trigger pull.

I have an early model which I bought from Bob Marvel quite a few years ago. It is reliable and wonderfully accurate, shoots right along with my best .22 target pistols (S&W 41, High Standard Victor, Ruger/Volquartsen).

I have a nice Wilson Combat Accu-Comp LE .38 Super built on a Colt Series 70 pistol (bought in 1986) which isn't really competitive in any of the current USPSA divisions. It has a beautiful 28-oz. trigger pull (McCormick hammer/sear) so the Marvel has a more or less permanent home on this frame.

Caspian frames are very good. You probably don't need to spend on a lot of custom features such as frame checkering, mag chutes, fancy grips and so forth but I definitely would pay for a quality trigger.