New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taurus PT1911
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know it's new, but does anybody have any experience with this pistol yet? Has anyone seen/ handled them yet? What are your opinions? Fit & finish? Price?

mike

Posts: 180 | Location: Bremerton, Wa | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go over to 1911forum.com. A couple of guys have purchased the blue 5" model and posted some pics and reviews. Both reviews I read reveal problems with the factory mags, but after switching to Wilson's the guns ran perfectly. Other than that the purchasers were impressed with the overall quality and price (~$475). If the reviews are accurate you will get a "cheap" 1911 that already includes a forged frame and slide, 30 lpi checkering, and Heinie sights.

Posts: 75 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CSH, Cool thanks, I'll check it out. They seem to be a pretty good deal. Especially with all the goodies such as the 30 lpi checkering, Heinie sights, two magazines, etc. for $600 "MSRP".

mike

Posts: 180 | Location: Bremerton, Wa | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With Quote