New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brass Catcher
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I made this brass catcher for my Kimber 1911. When positioned correctly it catches almost all ejected brass and saves me the trouble of hunting for them.

r them.

Posts: 388 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So, Leo, how about showing us a picture?!!!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was there after I posted. I wonder what happened to it.

one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
Great idea!

I have been working on one with similar netting, but no prototype yet!

For now I just lay out a damn large tarp and hope for the best, but I still lose a few in the snow...

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So, what off the shelf parts did you use and where did you get them? While not very portable I like the concept. My 10mm send them into the next zip code.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The catcher is available from Miidway:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewp...productnumber=942827

The rest is 1 1/4 PVC Sched 40 pipe and fittings from my local Ace Hardware store. I didn't glue anything so it can be taken apart if needed.