New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping a handgun to myself.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I did a search on here and didn't really find the answer to my question.

My wife is active duty Army and we are currently stationed in Hawaii. I had several of my firearms shipped here from our last duty station and have come to realize it was a big mistake. I am wanting to ship some of them back to Minnesota. I am flying back on the 11th of April so I will be home to recieve them. What is the best "LEGAL" way to ship them? SOme of these are worth a couple thousand dollars so I am a little worried about them. A new in the box Walther GSP with extra barrel and Rizzini shotgun. Plus various other handguns and rifles.

I don't really want to leave them here with my wife since she retires within a year and she doesn't want to have to worry about them while I am gone from Hawaii.

Please help or let me know where I can find the regs.

Thank you in advance,
Keith aka WWhunter

Posts: 153 | Location: God's country Northern Minnesota | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
WWH: Do you mean by some other means than UPS or FEDEX? Of the two, I'd use FEDEX and insure them. Wink

"No one told you when to run; you missed the starting gun."

Posts: 483 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
KLN357,
Thanks for the reply. After doing a lot of research and calling the ATF I guess those two are about my only options.
Thanks again,
Keith

Posts: 153 | Location: God's country Northern Minnesota | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
Glad I could help! Wink

"No one told you when to run; you missed the starting gun."

Posts: 483 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
why dont you try going to shipping and recieving on the base your on and talk to the man in charge and see if he will ship them in your name to a base nearby your home. Might take a 12 pack or two but i bet it could be done.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote