THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Cleaning and bulletweight precautions on Ti and Sc frame revolvers

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cleaning and bulletweight precautions on Ti and Sc frame revolvers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have seen precautions for cleaning and bullet weight limits on Ti and Sc revolvers .Where can I find such info ?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a TI 41 mag and haven't heard about any of this

Posts: 19579 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do some searching in revolver forums .Sorry I haven't saved the links. The special coating on Ti cylinders, if the coating is damaged the Ti will wear quickly.Heavier bullets are better also. Care in cleaning - best is a nylon brush. Don't be one who wants to always clean to bright and shiney.
The S&W Scandium , remember that it's aluminum with about 1 % scandium.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My brother owns a S&W Scandium 38 he said the warning he got with it was not use to lite a weight bullets as they were more prone to move under recoil.

Posts: 19579 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote