THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Beretta U22 NEOS 22 LR vs Ruger Mark III?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta U22 NEOS 22 LR vs Ruger Mark III?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DPollard
posted
Hello,

I got into steel challenge last year and am looking for a more economical pistol to shoot over my S&W M&P .40 and want to buy a .22 LR. I went to the gun store tonight and was checking out Ruger Mark III's, which a lot of the people shoot at steel challenge but I also came across the Beretta U22 NEOS for about $100 less than the Ruger ($249 vs $339).

I am curious how the Beretta stacks up against the Ruger?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
+$100 is money well spent IMNSHO.

The Ruger Mark series has a stellar history. Aftermarket support and accessories available are also light years ahead of the Neos.

Check out the Buckmark too.

There is a reason those two pistols have been such a success.

One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
I have the NEOS and MK II. Both are good guns. The MK II has a little better trigger than the Neos (I cleaned up both triggers, I did not send in the Neos for the recall). The Neos has a more comfortable fitted grip (depends on hands). I think the Ruger is a more solid gun but haven't had any problems with the Neos.

Several of our league shooters shoot the Buckmark. I don't think I've heard any complaints there either.

I'd put all three guns in the same group for accuracy, but haven't shot the Buckmark my self.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DPollard
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your responses. I will check out the Buckmarks as well.

Sam - I agree with you that the Neos has a very comfortable grip, which initially drew my attention (beside price). It's a funny looking gun that's for sure.

one of us
Picture of JOE MACK
posted Hide Post
Haven't shot the NEOS but have a Ruger MkII that I like. That said, I prefer my S&W M41 or Colt Match Target. I've been having fun lately with the Advantage Arms .22LR conversion on my Glock 19.

JOE MACK aka The .41FAN

HAVE MORE FUN AND GET THE JOB DONE WITH A .41

I am the punishment of God…
If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you. (GENGHIS KHAN)

Posts: 403 | Location: PRK | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DPollard
posted Hide Post
Joe Mack - Thank you.

I am not familiar with the S&W M41. Is .41 the caliber? Is it a rimfire and what does ammo cost?

The reason I want to go with a .22 LR is because ammo is CHEAP!

Anymore info. you can provide on the .41 would be much appreciated.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If one wants the toughest buy the ruger I have own HI standards, Colts, Brownings, Ruger. The Ruger Just keeps on going 10s of thousands rounds may be 50 or 60.

I have had problems with all the rest

Posts: 19576 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DPollard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
If one wants the toughest buy the ruger I have own HI standards, Colts, Brownings, Ruger. The Ruger Just keeps on going 10s of thousands rounds may be 50 or 60.

I have had problems with all the rest

I am leaning toward the Ruger. I will also check out the Buckmark but they seem to be a bit higher in price and I am not sure if they warrant the higher price, perhaps they do?

one of us
Picture of JOE MACK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DPollard:
Joe Mack - Thank you.

I am not familiar with the S&W M41. Is .41 the caliber? Is it a rimfire and what does ammo cost?

The reason I want to go with a .22 LR is because ammo is CHEAP!

Anymore info. you can provide on the .41 would be much appreciated.

The S&W M41 is a .22LR that can be a target gun or a plinker. They can be seen on several auction sites. There are multiple barrel formats. Somewhat pricey but worth it in my estimation.

JOE MACK aka The .41FAN

HAVE MORE FUN AND GET THE JOB DONE WITH A .41

I am the punishment of God…
If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you. (GENGHIS KHAN)

Posts: 403 | Location: PRK | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DPollard
posted Hide Post
JOE MACK thank for the clarification.

I went to a gun store tonight on my way home from work and checked out the Buckmark and MK III. The gun shop also mentioned the .41 and told me the same you just did, they are pricey but very nice.

I actually think I like the Buckmark over the MKIII, at least the Buckmark with the grip that has contours for your fingers. A little more money and only comes with 1 mag though.

Now I just need to decide what I want to spend.

Thanks again for all of you who replied to my post. Really helps. I never would have even known about the Buckmark otherwise.