Notify
Tools

Glock 21 sight replacements?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Teat Hound
posted
Hey Men,

I've decided to replace the factory sights on my much loved 21. I'm looking for some night sights, preferably non-snag (like Novak’s).

Any suggestions? Any that does not require frame modifications?

Also, any good leather holster recommendations? I am thinking small of back area, or cross draw.

-eric

" . . . a gun is better worn and with bloom off---So is a saddle---People too by God." -EH

Posts: 952 | Location: Bakersfield, California | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
TH: Novaks you already mentioned and I don't believe any modification is required. Heinie's Straight Eights are good and non-snag but they use Two dots, one on the front, one on the rear for vertical and supposedly quicker alignment. Some don't like them, but I do. No mod. required.

For holsters, short of having a custom made, I like DeSantis and Galco. Wink

"No one told you when to run; you missed the starting gun."

Posts: 483 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gabriel
posted Hide Post
try glocktalk.com

lots of resources

Survival of the fittest? That's just natural selection.

Posts: 117 | Location: ND/United States | Registered: 14 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe the Novaks are for 1911's and to use them on a Glock, you'd have to do some machining. Mepro-Light and Trijicons are the only sights that will just fit right in w/o machining. Personally, I have Trijicons on ALL my autoloaders including my 1911's.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
475 Guy: try this link: http://www.novaksights.com/genuine%20novak%20sights/glock.htm Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's very interesting. It looks like the front sight is way too high for carry to go along with the Novak rear sights. Again, I say to have good use of Novak's, it may be better off to mill the slide for low mounts as in the 1911's. I'll stick with my Trijicons for the Glock.

Lo do they call to me,

One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
In the case of tritiums, you're going to need the Novak front sight aren't you. The ad says direct replacement. You do not need to alter the slide. different ball game from a 1911. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah if you look at the pic, the front sight is much taller with the Novak rear sight installed, kind of looks like the Micro Sights and Bo-Mars in that they sit high. Evidently you are unaware of low-mount sights as they're much lower and are low profile. Way back when, I used to have low mount Bo-Mars and Micro's installed on several 1911's. If you look, you'll see the Novak on the Glock sits much higher too.

Lo do they call to me,

One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
Evidently, I'm not. Big Grin Try scrolling up the Novak's page. You're looking at the adjustable Fiber Optic sight. The Low-Mounts are at the top. Wink

Picture of oejeffrey
posted Hide Post
Ohh lord I know I am gonna take a lot of grief for this one but please know I am joking.
The best way to replace those sights on a Glock is to buy a KIMBER 1911. That will help everything.

sofa

Jeffrey WIlson N.R.A. Life Member
Kimber CDP II 1911
Because shooting someone with something other than a .45 is such a waste of time...they might live ?!!?!?
Custom A.R. Built by Mr. D. It is nice to reach out and touch someone at a 1000 yards.
Criminals rely on the kindness & pity of society.

Posts: 14 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 14 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Teat Hound
posted Hide Post
I went with the Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eights.

I'll be trying them out next week.

-eric

" . . . a gun is better worn and with bloom off---So is a saddle---People too by God." -EH

Posts: 952 | Location: Bakersfield, California | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote