Find
Notify
Tools

Power Pistol
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Juggernaut76
posted
This powder will sure zing'em out there in my .45 ACP, but has anyone gotten a superbly accurate load w/ this powder? I sure can't-and not from a lack of trying!

Praise be to the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Posts: 427 | Location: Clarkston, MI | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Juggernaut76
posted Hide Post
No one...really? Good its not just me then.

Praise be to the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Posts: 427 | Location: Clarkston, MI | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Since I bulk load my .45acp (500 rounds per session) I use HP38 (aka, 231). I've used PP, but only with higher velocity stuff - higher than I want to bother with for the .45.

Anyway, HP38 has become my goto pistol powder.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i use aa7 for my hi performance 45 and 9mm loads. i used power pistol in my 9mm for a while and got hi velocity but not so good accuracy. now in the 45 i use bullseye for target loads, and aa7 for heavy loads.

Posts: 165 | Location: michigan | Registered: 06 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
J76, I tried PowerPistol in my 4506-1 with 230 grain JHP and cast bullets with dismal accuracy. Tried W231 and haven't looked back, as 6.0 grains of 231 gives good accuracy and 875 ft/sec.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
personaly i think power pistol is a great powder but its a tad slow for the acp.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lloyd Smale:
personaly i think power pistol is a great powder but its a tad slow for the acp.

I agree. I use PowerPistol in my 357SIG.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote