THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Cast bullet design for FA 454's

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cast bullet design for FA 454's
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking at buying some moulds to suit a FA 83 454. These revolvers have limited cylinder length and I'd appreciate some feedback on designs that work well in this revolver.

1. Does the Lyman 452424 bullet (250 SWC) fit properly when crimped in the crimp groove or is the nose too long for the FA cylinder length ?

2. What other mould designs work well in the FA 454, especially in heavier GC type designs ?

Appreciate your input.

Joe

Posts: 503 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
The best are the LBT style, wide flat nose. Something like this: http://www.castperformance.com/Detail.bok?no=22
If you like the long nosed SWC, you can load them up in 45colt cases, they work fine. The Lyman 250gr will work in your FA. The 300grLFPGC mold from Lee is cheap & throws beautiful bullets. I use them in my 45colt. Lee will also make semi custom molds so you could probably get the 300grLFP a bit heavier like 340gr? beer

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote