Find
Notify
Tools

Glock sights
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Gabriel
posted
I was wondering if the TruGlo night sights for the Glock pistols have a smaller front dot. It seems like the factory dot covers a big area on the target.

Survival of the fittest? That's just natural selection.

Posts: 117 | Location: ND/United States | Registered: 14 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm strange but I like huge dots on a handgun for defense. I've never measured the truglo dot on a friend's Glock but the light part appears to be smaller when looking through the sights. For target shooting I suppose small dots are a good idea but post sights work for that application as well.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Target image on sights is ABOVE the front blade, dot, whatever. You line up the front/back, and the point of impact is just above the front sight.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
I was wondering if the TruGlo night sights for the Glock pistols have a smaller front dot. It seems like the factory dot covers a big area on the target.

I would consider as well:

quote:
Read the instructions that come with Truglo; Main reason is that you have to be careful with gunsolvents on them. Especially Breakfree Powderblast and like products will fog them up.
In the instructions it actually says:
"Remove sights before cleaning. "

It's all in how you clean your guns. I went with
Trijicon for a Glock 23.

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote