Find
Notify
Tools

22 lr cnversion kit
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted
I have a Springfield 1911 (two years old) and was wondering if anyone has put a 22lr conversion kit on one?

I talked to springfield, they dont make one, and dont recommend them do to firing pins on some kits being to long and may accidetnly fire.

I dont know if they jsut dont want you to buy one because they dont make it, or is it really a problem. I wold get a Kimber kit if I got one.

Thanks

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I looked at some of those kits off and on for my 1911,,for what they were asking for them,,there wasn't enough of a savings to really justify.
Finally bought a ruger mkIII govt. I like it a lot,,And have honed enough triggers,that if I really wanted to I could get them to match one another. Also,,you can swap out the mkIII trigger group,and replace it with a mkII trigger group if you feel the need to get rid of the magazine cut out.Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
most of the kits aren't to reliable - only one i know of that is i believe is made in florida one at a time, but i don't remember what it is. have a friend with one or 2 I believe that they were over 200 each, but they do work

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
I have had a Kimber kit for a few years. It works flawlessly and is accurate. The only part about it I don't like are the mags, (plastic).

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two a ciener and a marvel.Kimbers are made by Ciener.They are both accurate a reliable,the marvel is a bit more accurate,but you must pay attention to the adjustment instructios to get reliable operation.Both of mine are truck guns and have killed hundreds of critters w/little or no maintanence.w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Marvel with an optical sight on a STI 2011. No probs at all. Got it from Midway for a little more than a complete 22 pistol. Very accurate and reliable. The main reason for the purchase was to get used to the trigger and feel of the STI (not the recoil of course)

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had several of the Ceiner kits we put on guns in the shop since january, most of them shot absolutely reliable from the start, even to the point of cycling with subsonic ammo. Need to remember to cleam the mags periodically. Those that were a little finiky to start with were fine after a couple hundred rounds to break in.

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got two Ciener Platinum models on Para's. They shoot very well, and feed flawlessly. The only 1911 they did not work great on was a long slide V-16 Comp Springfield...couldn't get a good trigger pull for both units.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had 2 different Colt Ace conversion kits. Both worked OK. I currently have a Wilson unit. It works great. Try the Wilson.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote