THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Extra weight on front of Glock 35?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Extra weight on front of Glock 35?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi folks,

This is a self introduction post, and a question to boot.

I live in France and shoot IPSC with a Glock 35. My teen son will soon start shooting too, and I have an idea for taming recoil a bit. My idea is a weight that attaches to the front, where one would normally attach a light or laser. The idea is just to add a few ounces to tame the 40S&W kick a little for him. It might help me too with double taps.

I did a quick search here and in google and found no products like that. Anybody heard of a fore end weight for Glocks?

Thanks,

Reno,
France

Posts: 7 | Location: France | Registered: 27 October 2013Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I already run a DPM triple-spring kit for reduced recoil...forgot to mention that. And there are a few other Glockworx bits in there too.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Putting to much weight up there could very well change the recoil dynamics and clause malfunctions.

Buying a cheap tac light and mount then replacing the internals with lead would give you a bit more of weight up there

Posts: 19392 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That would be OK except for my IPSC holster...I'm using a Kydex paddle which won't accept a tac light. But a thin metal weight that hugs the tac mount rail would work. I'm not looking to ad more than a few ounces.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the same thoughts regarding my Glock 23.
I bought a Tungsten Guide Rod and it did cut back a bit on recoil but I had several malfunctions so I scrapped the idea and went back to the factory guide rod.

I was using 165gr Speer Gold Dots and tried the 180's which have a bit less perceived? recoil and less muzzle blast.

Good luck.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Other things such as powder being equal, wouldn't a heavier bullet cause more recoil??

I am also having occasional failure to feed malfunctions. In IPSC, that destroys your time for the stage. DPM does answer email and is sending me a heavier outer spring, which they say will help. I have heard a few stories about aftermarket recoil springs breaking too. I keep the stock Glock spring and a Coyote SS spring in my case, just in case.

I just may have to fab up my own fore end weight if nobody makes one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't really know which has more actual recoil, but to me the 180's seem to have less.
Maybe it's because the 165's have a "faster" recoil, more muzzle blast, etc.

I really don't know but I like the 180's moreSmiler

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to your local golf equipment store and buy some lead tape golfers use to weight their clubs. It has a pressure sensitive backing and should give you an idea if you are on the right track adding weight. It is pliable and will conform to the gun shape.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Great idea! Thanks.