Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone been to Frontsight?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted
I am taking the 4 day Defensive Handgun class at the end of this month. Was wondering if any of our AR members had been there and what your impressions were.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I went long ago, before they operated in Nevada, at a range near Barstow, California. Our training director was Chuck Taylor with Piazza and a couple of others assisting. It was very good then, I'll bet it's still good. A few years later I did a one week pistol session at Gunsite with Louis Awerbuck as training director and, as was the tradition then, had sundowners with Jeff Cooper. Maybe I was just lucky to have done my training courses in the "good old" days, but having quality trainers like Chuck Taylor and Louis Awerbuck demonstrate technique is very motivating. Having Jeff Cooper give a guided tour of his gunroom and then a few drinks at his house is one of the few times in my life I felt I was in the presence of greatness.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
talking about Chuck I see he has his own school

www.chucktaylorasaa.com

Posts: 19576 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JOE MACK
posted Hide Post
I'm a member of Front Sight and have been for years. I feel their training is a good solid base for continuence to more advanced classes within their training regimine. There is a little classroom time followed by lots of drills on the square range. You will probably get a chance at the shoot house later in the class if I remember right (it's been awhile due to shcedules). I've also been to Gunsite and Thunder Ranch and have no complaints about FS.

JOE MACK aka The .41FAN

HAVE MORE FUN AND GET THE JOB DONE WITH A .41

I am the punishment of God…
If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you. (GENGHIS KHAN)

Posts: 403 | Location: PRK | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote