Find
Notify
Tools

Star PD
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of charcoal burner
posted
I just aquired a Star PD and am looking for some accessories / add ons any suggestions, mostly Pachmyr stle slip on grips to tame the cheese grater affect, and does any one make replacement springs, and last but not least I used to shoot 200gr HP bullets in another "full size" 45 auto I owned , the clocked out at about 1000fps, is this too stout for this alloy frame pistol, thanks for any and all replys.

Posts: 150 | Location: Wyomin' | Registered: 29 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Star PD has a recoil buffer that must be changed every 500 rounds.This info was not given when the gun first came out !!! If not replaced the gun will be damaged !!! Eeker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i used to have a pd that had pachmyer grips, so they do make them. the recoil buffer is a rubber pad that slips into the slide. the pd is actually made to carry lots and shoot little. I wouldn't attempt to shoot to stout a load in it.

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nashcat
posted Hide Post
My wife has been carrying "my" PD for the last 25 years. When I brought it home she said "That's cute, is it mine?" I put Pachmyr grips on it since she liked the way they wrap all the way around the grip. She has at least 500 rounds through it, so I better check out the buffer. That's the first time that I've heard of changing out the buffer. It's a great little pistol, when she lets me shoot it.

Nashcat

Posts: 331 | Location: MiddleTennessee | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grips show up on eBay all the time. Rubber, smooth, checkered and poly ivory. I have a set of Pachs on mine but find they increase the bulk which is not what I want in a CCW gun. Holsters are a problem, although a 4" 1911 type can be wet down and "boned" with a toothbrush handle to produce a nice tight fit. I bought one on eBay made in the East by "Hooper" that is a knock off on the summer special that is good. Magazines are pricy, although they show up and CDNN has some 3rd party ones that seem to work fine with mine. New buffers are available and Wilsons can be cut down. Mag carriers need to be a little larger than standard 1911 ones. Otherwise I find the fit too tight for a smooth release. A little work on one usually smooths them out. I searched for years for a PD I liked and managed to snag a NIB one in San Antonio at Nagels Jan ’06. Quite happy with it.

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote