THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Auto Ordnance 1927A1 45ACP "pistol"

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Auto Ordnance 1927A1 45ACP "pistol"
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Bought this firearm some dozen or more years ago and became frustrated with it due to jamming with the "stick" 30rnd. magazines and occasionally the 50rnd. drum as well. Put it in the cabinet and ignored it until just a few days ago and decided I would give it a go again.
Disassembled, inspected, cleaned well, and re attached extractor which had blown out of the bolt last time I used it. Extractor had not been snapped in it's proper seat on the bolt and solved that problem. Bought 100 new Fed. 230gr. ammo, inspected feed lips on the magazines, "adjusted" them a slight amount(bent more inward,) applied some dry lube to various spots on action and off to the range. Barrel is only 10" in length but it is legal for it is a pistol, big pistol. Marked the stick mags 1,2,&3 for tracking which ones jammed or not.
Well, none of them jammed more than one or two times out of 90 rounds, much improved, acceptable. Off to get more ammo and then the 50rnd. drum's turn and worked like it should, no jams. Pistol came with a military style ladder rear sight but it flew off first day ever shot it, but it is useless on this pistol anyway for it is fired from hip hold, no butt stock or it would be a short barreled rifle then and not interested in getting into that issue w/ ATF. Trigger pull is very mushy until it just breaks and then it is super light, less than 3lbs. and crisp at that point. It is very easy to bump fire unless you hold it firmly against your hip. At my local range some 50+ yds. away is a fair sized fallen tree trunk and not hard at all to keep the shots into the log firing the pistol as mentioned. The internals of this pistol are steel and the bolt is a heavy unit w/ two recoil springs and would say they would last over lots of shooting. Cleaning the pistol is easy once you learn the drill for taking it apart which is simply removing upper from frame and pulling out the bolt, springs and what they call the hammer, just solid steel cylinder which strikes the firing pin when the trigger is released. Loaded 50rnd drum makes the pistol heavy but it does not rise when fired even with the occasional unintentional bump fire, it can become lighter very quickly if you are not careful. I am going to run another couple hundred rounds through it to check for reliability again and since I ride a motorcycle will then carry it in my saddle bag. It is a fearsome firearm in appearance with the drum and glad I finally got it to where it is useable. If I had a spare $50,000+ handy I would have me a real one, but this will have to do for now.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote