THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Info on a H&R top break revolver?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Info on a H&R top break revolver?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently saw a little pocket revolver that was made by H&R.
It is a Top break design chambered in 32 S&W. Any one know about these little guns ? Looked like it would make a nice "last resort" type gun I could just drop in my front pocket and no one would likely notice it .

Posts: 43 | Location: Western NY | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I din't think they're worth playing with . Many top break revolvers were made in 32S&W and 38S&W and most of them were junk.H&R would be better but how available is the ammo .The cartridge is so underpowered that I wouldn't depend on it to protect me !!

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you don't mine using a 32 cal bullet at about 600 fps to save your life I guess it would be ok.

Posts: 19576 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
Tom, a more appropriate way might be carrying the revolver in a tackle box; if you are a reloader. Lose it, and your not out much $ and I have seen more than one cottonmouth lounging on a limb at the lake. Shotshells can be handy in this situation, but you'll have to handload to fire them in .32 S&W, and even then, the shotshells won't be the typical variety unless SPEER is making shotshell capsule's in .32 caliber. That could be the case, but I haven't looked lately. In .32 caliber, you'd be better served by the .32 H&R Magnum and with a little patience, you'll probably run across one at a gunshow. Wink

"No one told you when to run; you missed the starting gun."

Posts: 483 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote