THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Looking at a .454 casull super redhawk.......

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking at a .454 casull super redhawk.......
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted
i'm interested in a .454 casull.... a ruger super redhawk, 7 1/2", ... pros?/... cons??.. thanks, jim

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2840 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JB,

Easy to mount a scope and will most likely handle same loads as a Freedom Model 83.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out the trigger. It may not be to your liking out of the box.

Porting is very nice here, but it also makes it illegal for IHMSA because that organization is moronic.

Sights are a little thick for long range, but a 4x scope is about perfect.

(Disclaimer, I have the taurus, I prefer the ergonomics but doing it all over again I would probably lean to the ruger for a better platform).

Posts: 1646 | Location: Euless, TX | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

I've been shooting this one for about 5 years now. Built like a tank. The action is really nice and smooth. I like the brushed Stainless finish better than Ruger's "Target Grey". I have the same gun in .44 Magnum as well in a Super Redhawk. For the money it's one of the best going in it's size and weight revolver.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really like mine. It's the most accurate handgun I own, possibly partially due to the long sight plane and flat trajectory.

Posts: 1729 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote