THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Difference in small pistol primers

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Difference in small pistol primers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have found a couple of excellent loads for my Ruger GP 100 - one .38 spl using Win 231 and two in .357 mag. Using H110 and Win 231. All loads are close to book max. I have used Winchester WSP primers for all of them, but I'm having difficulty finding those right now. I still have quite a few Remington 1 1/2 small pistol primers - any problem substituting?

Posts: 171 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 13 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
should make no practical difference

Posts: 569 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I switch between CCI and Winchester SP primers in .40 S&W and can't see a difference. That is shooting off bags at 60'. HTH

one of us
posted Hide Post
I trade between primers depending on price.

I used a lot of differant brands.

Posts: 19392 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never in 30 years of reloading/handloading seen a difference between small pistol primers.

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote