New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W M&P
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone care to give feed back on the S&W M&P? Got my eye on one. Tried the seach funtion but not much info. Any help would be appreciated.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It seems to be getting exellent reports with few problems.They also have a compact version.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the opportunity to shoot an M&P in .40 a few months ago.

Well made and very light. It seemed a little too light for .40, more like a 9mm type frame and weight. I did not like the way it recoiled.

It did group well at ten yards - I did not shoot farther.

the grips are nice and the action is also good.

I also shot the Springfield XD full size in .40 and found it to be very good.

Personally, I would buy the XD before the M&P, but you should range test them if possible.

- I currently shoot HK USP in .40.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The M&P I saw had what looked like the sigma trigger. If that is correct, I would highly suggest staying away from it. wk

Posts: 63 | Location: Maryville, MO | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I broke down and bought a M&P 9mm. Gonna try to wear it out on Saturday. Got the 9 instead of the 40 because the 45 is coming out. If I like the 9 I'll take a shot at the 45.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote