THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Cool 50s pistol box, POSSIBLY Jim Clark's on ebay......

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cool 50s pistol box, POSSIBLY Jim Clark's on ebay......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
NOT MINE....posted here and in a couple of other spots because I think it is a POSSIBLY a piece of pistol shooting history.

CLARK ??? PISTOL BOX

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is pretty cool. If there were more proof that it was actually his, I would bid.

I am friends with Buddy Chapman, who shot with Jim C for 40 years. I may see if he will look at it and see what he thinks.

It looks, to me, like some of the interior wood has been replaced.

Posts: 497 | Location: Edgewood, Texas | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dunno. If I was going to bid, which I'm not because I've got WAAAY too much "cool" junk already, I'd ask the seller where he got it and why he thinks it is actually Clark's.

I do know that card is a mid 50s-early 60s address and phone # for Clark. I'm not sure of the year, but somewhere around 1960, give or take, Shreveport converted from 5 digit to 8 digit phone numbers. My father actually built a bunch of post-war houses (230s??) in that area. Of course the only thing that would be fairly definitive is if the handwritten card is by him.

OTOH, if one bought it for the opening bid and shipping, it wouldn't be all that much more than such a range box is worth.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to an adobe copy of a 1960 Guns magazine, including an article by Grits Gresham on Jim Clark. Among the pics shown is Clark with a very similar range box.

Guns Magazine

My GUESS is that it was a box that Clark sold out of his shop, whether it was his or not, I dunno.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was fun looking through that old magazine. I turned 18 that year.

Posts: 388 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The range box in the GUN'S magazine article looks a lot like the ones Pachmayr made.

I still have my Pachmayer box.

I shot with Jim Clark starting in the mid 1960's. I was in the 9th grade.

He was a very fine fellow.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote