THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    I'm for a SIG 232 in 9x18mm Makarov!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm for a SIG 232 in 9x18mm Makarov!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
With the growing availability and popularity of the 9x18mm Makarov caliber, why doesn’t SIG or one of the other name brand companies chamber a nice trim compact pistol for this round? I’d love to have a SIG 232 in one with all that nice cheap ammo out there.

Cheers,

Rich

One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
At least one does! From time to time the CZ-83 is offered in 9 X 18 Mak. as well as .32 ACP to go along with the .380s most commonly seen. Since the CZ-83 uses a doublestack magazine, capacity is 12 rounds. Never seen the 230/232 offered in 9 X 18. Wink

"No one told you when to run; you missed the starting gun."

Posts: 483 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
There is always the FEG PA-63. Not near as refined as the 230/232 but a heckuva alot less expensive.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Hungarian_PA63_9x18Mak_Pistol.html

OR
CZ-83 in 9x18
http://www.southernohiogun.com/
Scroll halfway down the page.

I a CZ-83 and a Bersa Thunder, both in 380. Great pistols. Both see regular carry use.

ZM

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ya, I was looking at the CZ-83 and almost opened my wallet for one. It shot very nice and fits the hand great, soft recoil but it is just a little too big with the double stack magazine for what I want to use it for. A Walther or Sig is the ideal size for conceal carry under most condition. Anything bigger and you'll have to leave it home at times when you need it...

Cheers,

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not get a Mak? You can find them around for under $200, some made in eastern Europe and quite nice for the money. I have had several of the German models, and they are accurate, well made, and concealable. The only drawback is their weight because they are all steel! Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote