New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nite sights for pistols
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone had experience with Meprolight True-Dot night sights for pistols? What would you recommed if not Meprolight? I'm ignorant as a post about nite sights and need help. Thanks,

Bob Mehaffey

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of glockmeister71
posted Hide Post
http://xssights.com/store/handgun.html

I have the XS Sights Standard Dots on my Glock 21,have the Big Dot front on my 870HD,and had a set of Big Dots on a Glock 27.I like them alot.The "dot the i" works for me alot better than the 3-dot system.They're real fast and easy to pick up.I know they're higher than most,but they're worth it.If it's going to be mainly a carry or home defense gun and won't see much time at the range,I'd get the Big Dots.If it's going to see alot of range use,go with the Standard Dots.Since I tried both,I prefer the Standard Dots.

Posts: 145 | Location: Knoxville,TN. | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Glock. Anybody else?

Bob Mehaffey

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
have replaced just the front on a couple of 1911s and full set on python,,,meprolights.. it works for me.. used for hog hunting at night and only complaint is buddys can se me moving areund with the python..

Posts: 104 | Location: south of san antonio | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I bought the XS 24/7 Big Dot for my CZ75 and have also used the Novak Lo-mounts with tritium inserts. With my vision getting worse, not better, I appreciate more and more the Big Dot. Once I got used to it I found I was faster on target with the Big Dot than with the Novaks.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I checked out a bunch of different nightsights when I was done with my 1911 build, but still wanted advice from pros, so I asked over at a 1911 forum.

There was a consensus there, that Heini straight eights were the ones to have, so I tried em. Had em a couple years now, and have to say, best I've ever tried.

Pyro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used the fixed Meprolights for several years on my G17 and 19's, when I was still working in the trade.
No problems at all.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have mepro's on my HK. Work awesome. Got them from "product wizard" for about 60 bucks plus shipping

Posts: 63 | Location: NM | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have tried most all of them and when possible I prefer to have the MMC Tactical Adjutable night sights put on in their Bar-Dot-Bar pattern. They are very compact and go right into a Novak Cut...

A friend has an Springfield XD and recently had the TruGlo friber optic/tritium sights put on...they are really bright no matter if it be bright sunlight or full darkness.

Bob

Posts: 601 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I have the 3 dot tritiums on both my Kimber Pro CDP and Kahr Mk9. They are really good but the Kimbers are beginning to fade.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zimbabwe:
I have the 3 dot tritiums on both my Kimber Pro CDP and Kahr Mk9. They are really good but the Kimbers are beginning to fade.

You ever set them out in the sun and charge them up? I keep my night sights in the gun safe, and they take some charging, just like a watch dial.