THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Want to modify my carry gun.....

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want to modify my carry gun.....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
I conceal carry a Kimber CDP II Compact. I love the gun and it has worked great for me so far.....but I would like to modify it slightly. The one thing that bothers me is the sharp butt of the gun. I carry inside the waistband at 4 o'clock (assuming my nose is pointing at 12 o'clock). Anytime I bend over or squat down, the sharp point of the butt is visible thru my shirt. I would like to get my gun modified with a "bobtail" butt.....like the ones Ed Brown produces. I have seen a couple places online that offer this. Has anyone here had this done to your 1911? And does anyone have any recommendations? I really appreciate it.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ive got a bobbed comander and never saw where it printed less then a standard one and i wouldnt want one on a officers grip frame because there isnt much to hold on to as it is. By the way i have a couple cdps and have allways said there handsdown the best bang for the buck in a cwp.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eland, try Wilson combat

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
Toomanytools. John loves them as does them as well or better than anyone

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

Posts: 332 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With Quote