New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krieghoff Drilling ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A shop near me has this gun in stock and I figured this is the place to get information. I'd rather have a double rifle, but have always found the drillings very interesting. The guy at the shop thought that it was probably built in the 50's. I'm unsure if it is cased. Was setting on their rack nect several Merkel, LC Smith and a Parker shotguns.

Any ideas about this gun? Age, value, etc...?

All I really know is that it is 16gax16ga x 8x57. I know very little about drillings, but handled this one yesterday. It had 3 cocking indicators on top of the reciever. The rear rifle sight automatically popped up when you switched it into rifle mode by pushing down a button in the safety and pushing the safety off. Wish I could be more informative.

Thanks,

David Walker

Posts: 539 | Location: NE Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cornfield SWO
posted Hide Post
You might want to try posting this in the Drillings/Combo guns category located just a few below the DR category.

Very nice though - what is the dealer asking?

Soli Deo Gloria

Posts: 178 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 10 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SWO,

Thanks, I had completely missed the other forum. The dealer is asking $4000.

David

Posts: 539 | Location: NE Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
x2mosgI had a Krieghoff many yrs ago in the 60s, that was a field grade chambered for 16-16 x 30-06! It was a shooting machine, and wish I still had it. The one you posted here is a high up-grade piece, and look absolutely new. That drilling is worth evey penney of $4K, if every thing works propely! thumb

Go to the combo, drilling forum, and ask Loves 2 Safari about this, as he is about a knowledgable on Drillings as anyone I know! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote