Find
Notify
Tools

470 Heym 88B Safari 4 Sale
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gentlemen,
I am selling my Heym 88B Safari rifle in 470 NE. Unfired in makers hard sided case. $14,000.

Thanks,
Bob Enright
(NY) 516-541-4918

One of Us
posted Hide Post
These are very nice rifles and will make someone an excellent elephant rifle. Smiler

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes and a fair price, given their retail price, especially if this has the engraving option.

Post pics or if you need help send a PM.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Showbart, Yes the rifle is factory engraved and...even better, the price is somewhat negotiatable. Would love to send pics, alas no digital, thanks for the offer of help.

Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a good deal boys.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bet it's a light weight to carry too.

Probably ten pounds three ounces or less.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've found them to be light but not too light for caliber by any stretch. I think the 470 is 10.5 lbs. Maybe it should be 11. I think Heym may do it right too in that the bigger the hole the heavier the stick, perfectly balanced I'd venture as well. This unlike Chapuis and Merkel.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Showbart:
I've found them to be light but not too light for caliber by any stretch. I think the 470 is 10.5 lbs. Maybe it should be 11. I think Heym may do it right too in that the bigger the hole the heavier the stick, perfectly balanced I'd venture as well. This unlike Chapuis and Merkel.

My Merkel 470 NE (Model 140-A = 140-2.0) weighs 10.7 lbs. and is perfectly balanced like a fence post by a weight in the butt to balance those stout muzzles, and get center of gravity on the hinge pin. Wink

I hear the Merkel 500 NE may be lighter and made with the same barrel contours. The one I handled felt lighter than the Merkel 470 NE.

I have handled a Heym 470 NE and was impressed that it felt livelier than my Merkel: a few ounces lighter, and slimmer in the barrels, with weight distribution truly concentrating closer to the center of gravity on the hinge pin.

That Heym sure felt better to swing than any other double rifle I have held, and this includes an H&H Royal 500 NE that weighed about 11.5 pounds in Botswana.

Of course it could have been the Coriolis effect that affected my swing in the southern hemisphere. Wink

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing it would swing better than a rifle of equal dimensions but a pound heavier, in this weight class. Heym has nailed it. For me they they balance perfectly. The only big bore Merkel I'd own would be the 500 and I would not own a Chapuis as balance on it and the Merkel 470 are poor and need leadbutt. Shouldn't any added weight go into the barrel assembly under the chambers?