New
Find
Notify
Tools

October country 8 bore
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone tell me about the oct country 8 bore ? i checked their website but there is nothing on rifles their at the moment .It appears they are they only New 8bore double you can buy even though its a front loader .

Posts: 175 | Location: australia | Registered: 14 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of walksfar
posted Hide Post
I don't know, I've checked the site too, and there is absolutely nothing there about any big-bores.
Don't know why i'm worried though, I've got too many projects going as-is.
Maybe they will get back in the business at some point.

"Faith in God and the Mauser"

DRSS-MEMBER

Posts: 129 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think the new owners,and or the group running it right now is making rifles,,if you check their used gun section you may find one,

THe only one I had a chance to play with was done very nice IMO, and shot well at 50 yards, understood it was to aslo be offered in 4 bore, but don't know if they ever built one.

Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the guns arnt worth the money they ask for them
i know a few people with there gun and all of them have complaints.

if your looking for a real muzzel loader contact jim gefroh of fort collin co.

he built me a 10 bore and a 8 bore and dose 4 bores as well. english and german stocked.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Have you got Jim's contact information?

Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
i shure do.

james a gefroh 2954 silverplume drive
ft collins co 970-377-9564

tell him steve from ontario sent ya he'll remember me it been a while but he will.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From James A. Gefroh are we talking Double Barrell M/L here or SINGLE BBL? Thanks.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
single barrel he may have the resorses for doubles though its always worth the call.

One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted Hide Post
October country no longer offers their line-up of muzzleloaders, they never offered any cartridge firearms. I own one of their 4-bore single shot rifles and it's a impressive piece of equipment. That was a single barrel called the Heavy Rifle, due to it's 18 pound heft. They never offered the double in 4, only 8 bore. I am not sure why they quit making their rifles.

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote