New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone here live in Vegas?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is sort of a weird question but what the hell, lol.
My wife and I will be flying into Vegas on Feb 8 for a few days of fun. Getting ammo shipped to Alaska is not worth the expense so I was wondering if any of you folks lived in Vegas?
If so, could I have some 450 ammo shipped to your house and maybe you could be so kind to meet me at the MGM and drop it off to me so it could fly back in my luggage to Alaska. Wouldnt be much ammo, 5-10 boxes.

Be happy to return the favor when you find yourself up this way as well as mail you a couple of Alaskan treats for your assistance.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now wait a minute...so people actually LIVE in Vegas? Smiler

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Couldn't you order just before you left here and have it shipped to you at your hotel? Check that the hotel will accept your package ahead of time possibley hold it prior to your arrival.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought of that Mike, but unsure how long it would take. And some stupid clerk at the hotel might freak seeing 5-10 boxes of ammo. And if the least little thing goes wrong I am screwed.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I'd call the general manager and tell him what you're planning and get his opinion.

And IIRC there's a member called robgunbuilder or something similar that posts alot in the big bore section that is a `smith in Vegas.. Check him out..

Note edit of the name to correct it.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe:

Keep in mind the 5 kilograms of loaded ammo allowed by the airlines per person. Of course, you could split it among the two of you and probably be OK. FWIW, 5 boxes of 300 grain loaded .375 H&H weigh just under 5kg.

With the recent airline events, I wonder if the TSA and/or airline would give you a hard time travelling with ammo but no associated rifle.

Good luck.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not true, Alaska Airlines permits 50 pounds of ammo per bag for domestic travel.
Best airlines in the world if you ask meSmiler

"Ammunition up to 50 lbs for domestic travel and up to 11 lbs. for international travel is permitted if securely packed in the original manufacturer's package or in a container designed for ammunition and of sufficient strength to protect it from accidental crushing or discharge (i.e. wood, fiber, plastic, or metal). The projectile must be no larger than 11/16" in diameter, the size of a dime. Ammunition may be checked with or separately from the firearm. It can only be accepted inside an ammunition clip if enclosed inside a suitcase, firearm case, etc. Ammunition purchased over the counter for rifles and pistols (.50 caliber or smaller, and 8, 10, 12, 16, 20, 28 and .410 shotgun shells) are acceptable as baggage provided they are packaged properly"

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Not true, Alaska Airlines permits 50 pounds of ammo per bag for domestic travel.
Best airlines in the world if you ask meSmiler You just have to love everything ALASKA!!

Posts: 758 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Lozano:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Best airlines in the world if you ask meSmiler You just have to love everything ALASKA!!

Well, i NEVER loved the winters there, even though i saw 25 of them... Eeker

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be glad to help out. PM me for my mailing information.

Blake

Posts: 132 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 22 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe:

Sounds like AA is firearms friendly airline according to your post.

My experiences with ammo and airlines are multiple trips to Africa and Canada (BC once) and I kept to the 5kg rules. I thought they applied to domestic flights as well.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
No problem helping you with this; I work about 2 blocks from the MGM.

Les

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks LRH and Blake. Already touched bases with Blake and now just have to wait and see if I can score a couple of boxes of 450 Nitro ammo.

Makes a lot of sense, go to Vegas to waste money, but in the process want to carry a couple of boxes of 450 Nitro ammo back to save on shipping, haha.

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I sure like the way everyone here pulls together ...(most of the time!) Big Grin

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote: