THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Looking for a English Double 8 or 7 bore..leads appreciated!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a English Double 8 or 7 bore..leads appreciated!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
Yes,English preferred..WW Greener,or others in 8 or 7 bore with Rifles barrels,hammerless also preferred..Thanks!!

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out the classifieds at www.internetgunclub.com You can also mail the owner John Smith with your requirement and he would circulate it among the British gun trade. This is a forum that belongs to the trade and is supported by the Birmingham Proof House.

Tell John Hi from me if you mail.

Good hunting!

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Will do,thanks!

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
btt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Kid...look at this one here
http://www.michaelmerker.com/WJJ8coll3.jpg
Click on the picture

Looking on the picture with the express sights..one see some pitting. You might to have this gun restored, and it could be a winner Wink

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe that big bore has been sold.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 8 Bore Jeffery is sold
to a guy in AK I am told.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
there is one on sotheby's auction on april the 15

E. M. REILLY & CO.
A RARE 8-BORE HAMMER RIFLE, NO. 81534
28-inch damascus barrels with 3 1/4-inch chambers, deep seven groove rifling, the broad file-cut rib with folding leaf sight, the rounded frame, non-rebounding back locks, hammers and rotary under lever with scroll engraving within patterned borders, retaining all of its renewed hardening colour, 14 1/2-inch figured stock with pistol grip and engraved steel butt plate, 13lb. 10oz., black powder proof, canvas case

The rifle has been re-finished overall.
£10000-12000

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 8 Bore Jeffery is sold
to a guy in AK I am told.

It sure is!! Big Grin

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 812 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
By Bob: "It sure is!! Big Grin"

I hope you're having great
fun with that nice rifle BOB!
dancing dancing

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote