Find
Notify
Tools

Remington baikal value
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 300magman
posted
I have found a new remington baikal in 45/70 for $895. Is this a good price. Is a scope mount supposed to come with this gun? Have to buy it before 7pm because i am out of town and must return home. Help, thanks

Posts: 323 | Location: Jackson, Miss | Registered: 12 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I have seen them sell for more in that caliber. A fair price IMO if you want one. The factory did not include a scope mount.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
fair price and no scope mt. came with it. but one is a available its a nice double for the money and getting harder to find in 45-70.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you don't buy it please forward me the contact info as I will.
Great price. scope mounts are easy, $20.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 300magman
posted Hide Post
Well I tried to buy the gun but walked out instead. it is a long story but between a very disinterested in his job employee and a ridiculous store policy I left the store. I think I am going to arrange purchase thru my local FFL or find another gun and buy it. It is no wonder that businesses are closing every day in this country. It is ridiculous.

Posts: 323 | Location: Jackson, Miss | Registered: 12 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 300magman:
Well I tried to buy the gun but walked out instead. it is a long story but between a very disinterested in his job employee and a ridiculous store policy I left the store. I think I am going to arrange purchase thru my local FFL or find another gun and buy it. It is no wonder that businesses are closing every day in this country. It is ridiculous.

I get so sick of "gun store attitude".

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cane Rat:
I get so sick of "gun store attitude".

It's not that way everywhere.

Al Syslo of D&L in RI would get me anything I asked him to get and give me a break on it to boot. Good guy. good dealer. good store. Never had any issues if I bought something out of town and had it shipped to him.

Richie at Karnival in Brookly, NY was the same way when I was growing up.

Sounds like the people with whom you have dealt need to take a lesson from Al and Rich.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CCMDoc,

Add Frank at the Boise Cabela's to that list, right?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
CCMDoc,

Add Frank at the Boise Cabela's to that list, right?

Rich
DRSS

Absolutely!
Frank is a gentleman and someone I'd enjoy having at deer camp!

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 300magman
posted Hide Post
I knew alot of the background on these guns from this site. However I had never handled one because they are just not available where I live. I was out of town about 2.5 hours away from home and just happened to drop in this shop to see if they had anything I could not get locally. And they did. Not only was I going to buy this rifle but they also had a CZ in .375 in the shop my wife talked me into as well. So the owner lost 2 sales right there they did not even have to work for. I did not even haggle with the prices. I thought both prices to be fair.

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
I knew alot of the background on these guns from this site. However I had never handled one because they are just not available where I live. I was out of town about 2.5 hours away from home and just happened to drop in this shop to see if they had anything I could not get locally. And they did. Not only was I going to buy this rifle but they also had a CZ in .375 in the shop my wife talked me into as well. So the owner lost 2 sales right there they did not even have to work for. I did not even haggle with the prices. I thought both prices to be fair.

What happened?

One of Us
Picture of 300magman
posted Hide Post
They wanted me to pay for the guns with a non refundable %20 "application fee" just to fill out the paperwork and run the FED check over the telephone.

So if it came back with a delay of 3 days, for any reason. They would charge me %20 of the price. Not refundable. They would not just tear up the paperwork or stop the sale.

That would not be a big deal normally if I was buying close to home. But at 2.5 hrs I was not about to come back in 3 days. If there was a delay due to the "gubment" bureaucracy.

I have never had a problem purchasing firearms but this would be the day if it was going to happen. I have bought lots and lots of guns and filled out that paperwork more times than I can remember in many, many gun shops and I have never seen a store policy like that. Pay if you get approved or not.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call them up and order them via credit card and have them mailed to your local dealer who will then complete the FFL transfer to you.
Since the store will be doing a dealer to dealer you should avoid the 20%.
If this doesnt work post the stores name so everyone knows to avoid it.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use the credit card. If you flunk you can have your CC company dispute the charge.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Never heard of anything like that. Maybe they have been burned a few times. Nevertheless, both suggestions are 100% on the money and I would have my local dealer speak with them, order the guns to be delivered to them for the asking price + shipping and take delivery from people you trust. I do it, oh ... about every few weeks!

One of Us
Picture of 300magman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Call them up and order them via credit card and have them mailed to your local dealer who will then complete the FFL transfer to you.

Thats my plan. I am going to have my local FFL here do it. But it just makes me mad to buy from these people.

One of Us
Picture of 300magman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Use the credit card. If you flunk you can have your CC company dispute the charge.

Rich
DRSS

I thought about this too but I decided against the trouble.

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
But it just makes me mad to buy from these people.

Don't be mad - it's just business and after this transaction, you'll never have to deal with them again AND you will have at least one if not two awesome new rifles at good prices.
Sounds like a big win in the end!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:

Thats my plan. I am going to have my local FFL here do it. But it just makes me mad to buy from these people.

Understand. But swallow the anger and have your dealer do it and you come out with two good rifle buys with just a little aggrevation.
You know in the end you managed to avoid there asshole fee's.
But, I'll buy the 45-70 if you passSmiler Just send me contact info.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
dont get mad get even: thats a good deal on them pieces. if you get that 45-70 you will be well pleased. i have one and enjoy shooting mine as much as my pricey ones. there is a fine hard remington fitted case for that 45-70 worth investing in.they are a $200-$250 value on sale for $60 shipped in n.y. i have the info. if you want it. i think snow wolf has the info on the scope mts. regards bob

One of Us
Picture of 300magman
posted Hide Post
Yes. I will probably swallow my pride and buy the rifle because I have wanted one ever since we started hearing about them here on this forum.

But I have never heard of this practice of %20 just to fill out the paperwork and make a phone call. I was the only person in the shop both times. Its not as though people were having to take numbers to get waited on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scope mount:
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/...gh_11mm_Dovetail/827

It can be ordered in either 1 inch or 30mm. Currently using a 30mm Ultradot on my Baikal and it is as solid as a rock. With the low comb on the stock added a leather pad so the height is correct. Looks kinda cool and works like a charm.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the address for the remington case is frieghtex inc. 415 east shore rd kingspoint n.y. 11024 i dont have the tel. # regards bob