New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chapuis Do's and Do not's?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Finally received my UGEX 9.3 in and it looks great.
No instructions of any kind came with the rifle and this is my first double so bear with me.
I knew enough to figure out how to install the barrels and the forearm and did not dry fire it. But I remember reading somewhere about taking the pressure off the springs before storage.
What is the proper way to take this rifle apart for storage?
Will post photos soon but would like to add if you are on the fence about ordering one of these on the group buys, don't hesitate any longer. Rifles are well worth the money and you could not find a better gentleman to do business with than Dale.

PS: After all these years of being here why can't I post photos? It is a pain to go to photo bucket and do it.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
If you want you can email the pictures to me and I will post them for you.

Congratulations on the new rifle! I solved the spring tension problem by getting a hammer double... animal

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
I remember reading somewhere about taking the pressure off the springs before storage.
What is the proper way to take this rifle apart for storage?

Releaving the striker springs. Two words

"Snap caps"

To store un-cocked, pull the triggers with the snap capes in the chambers, then remove the fore end before opening the action to take off the barrels. That way it doesn't cock the gun.

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With rifle open,pull both triggers,close action with both triggers pulled back. the hammers won't catch on the sears.You can break the rifle down by removeing forarm with out reopening the gun. You should see the fireing pins sticking out once the barrels are removed.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is why they make striker blocks,except for Beesley actions.

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snap caps.
-----------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since this is Bastille Day, aren't all Chapuis owners supposed to drink copious amounts of wine, don a beret, and run outside around their homes naked firing their doubles while shouting "Viva La France"?

Thought I read that somewhere...

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Jim...are you looking for excuses for your behavior at the last DRSS event?

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roscoe

Those were leiderhosen (German rifle and all)

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dam Jim ,I am sorry I missed that. I must be getting soft,24 hours of hunting shooting and a little drinking (I was trying to hang with
doc and Bal) I just had to get some sleep.
I kind of remember the cook comeing in for breakfest,and haveing to share the kitchen with Bal.
JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snap caps were ordered but on back order.
Thanks guys,
PS: Ordered the beret as well.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Manion:
Since this is Bastille Day, aren't all Chapuis owners supposed to drink copious amounts of wine, don a beret, and run outside around their homes naked firing their doubles while shouting "Viva La France"?

Thought I read that somewhere...

quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Snap caps were ordered but on back order.
Thanks guys,
PS: Ordered the beret as well.

animal

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote