New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double BB gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
am i out of my mind or did one of the BB gun makers make a sxs BB gun at one time? seems like i remember seeing one in either a montgomery ward or a sears catalog (or maybe both) in the late 60's and early 70's. this falls under the category of things i probably would never have thought of again until it popped up out of nowhere.

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I think you will find Daisy did produce one. I had a best friend who had one but I can't remember if it was just before WW II or just after. I do remember I consistently out shot him with my Red Ryder. What I always wanted was one of the pumps. Too expensive though.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Daisy actaully made a couple. They made one with a wood stock and a later model with a plastic one. Obviously, the wood stock model commands a pretty good premium.

Best,

John

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks guys.....i guess i can put off the dementia medication for a while yet. i'd love to have one.......talk about rare.

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by degoins:
am i out of my mind or did one of the BB gun makers make a sxs BB gun at one time? seems like i remember seeing one in either a montgomery ward or a sears catalog (or maybe both) in the late 60's and early 70's. this falls under the category of things i probably would never have thought of again until it popped up out of nowhere.

Daisey made two models The mod 21 is the one with a wooden stock! The Mod 21 commands a price of arpund $800 for a ragged one, and mint (In origenal condition with the box) at around $1500. A mint mod 21 without the box at around $1100. I have a mint mod 21 without the box.
The one with the CELLULOID (early plastic ) stock are not worth near as much, because Celluloid had a habit of warping untill it broke. This caused owners to replace the stock with wood. These double BB rifles were made in the late 30s! I know where there is a mint mod 21 without the box and papers I can get for $1000, if anyone is interested!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dern you MAC!!! you know i have to pay Butch off. Smiler

DRSS

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Maybe Butch could restock a celluloid (plastic) stocked one with wood. What grade do you think would be appropriate on that expensive a BB gun?
Roll Eyes

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Prof242, Almost anyone could re-stock the little rifle with wood. That, however, would destroy the collector value!

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
700, if that rifle has not been re-finished, and everything is in place, in 90% condition, that is one hell of a good price! It is hard to tell by the pictures, but since it is being offered by a BB gun repair shop, I'd want to look at it in my hands! The average price for a 90% mod 21 Daisey BB is in the $1000, to $1100 range, if the origenal box is available,with a 90 %, the price jumps to $1500.

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
posted Hide Post
personally im not into bb guns but i figured you guys would like this site.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote