THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    The flurry of participation in this forum is less than recent times...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The flurry of participation in this forum is less than recent times...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Show me something cool. Some of the most righteous weapons on the planet are caretaken by ar members.

It's been a rough couple of weeks at work, not going to get better for a month or more, and I very well may not go hunting until I leave for NC with our own Capt. Clark Purvis.

In December.

Posts: 1279 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Colin:
Per your request is my current group of pre war doubles from the UK--my only interest in firearms.

Before I post, please, George, go easy on me. I know they are garbage, boat anchors, or whatever and can't compare to your work of art. If anything, pity me and my lack of taste in firearms. All doubles here are cased with accessories except the Jeffery 12-bore with 32-inch barrels.

So Colin, enjoy, and others, too.
Thanks for looking.
Cal

12-bore ejector Watson shotgun. My grouse gun here in Alaska.

4-bore double rifle by Robert Hughes. I have taken two bison with this 4. Very accurate with a variety of bullets and powder charges. Weighs 22 pounds--23 when loaded!

.450 bpe double rifle by E.M. Reilly. Shoots well with 50 grains of IMR 4198 and a 350 grain bullet. This rifle is for sale.

.600 nitro double rifle by John Wilkes. My absolute favorite and has taken moose, a few each of hippo, cape buffalo, water buffalo, and several plains game. Made in April, 1914. 160 grains of IMR 4831 and a 900-grain Woodleigh shoots 2" at 50 yards all day (or as long as your shoulder can tolerate it). Weighs 16 pounds.

12-bore Baker double rifle. 45 grains of Blue Dot shoots a good target with a round ball.

.500 no2 bpe and 12-bore double rifle and shotgun by Gye and Moncrief. Look at all the accessories in the two-tiered case! This set if for sale. Same ballistics as a .500 bpe 3". Two boxes of ammo go with her as well as a great history of the original owner with family ties to General Patton and life in southern California and the huge San Gabriel Winery.

.450 no2 nitro double rifle by Joseph Lang. Owned by a retired officer from the Boer War who became a White Hunter in Kenya. Made in 1904. 105 grains of IMR 4831 and a 500-grain Hornady or Woodleigh bullet are very accurate. I've taken grizzly, cape buffalo, and giraffe with this Lang as well as smaller game.

.350 no2 ejector nitro double rifle by Rigby. Not hunted with her yet but will take to South Africa in 2018 for plains game. I imported the Rigby from Australia but only after I signed a paper to the Aussie government that I agreed never to use the .350 no2 for any "chemical, nuclear, or biological warfare." No lie!

12-bore double shotgun by W&C Scott. Made in 1874, all original. My grandfather's wedding gift from John Chandlar of Durgin & Park restaurant in Fanuel Hall, Boston. Great for grouse and clays with cylinder boring.

10-bore Manton double rifle. A fairly new purchase, she comes in the original case with all reloading and cleaning accessories. Proving to be very accurate with a ball and 70 grains of Blue Dot. A heavy 10 at 14 pounds.

.450-400 3" nitro double rifle ejector by Harrison and Hussey. Over a dozen caribou, bear, leopard, lion, hippo, croc, water buffalo, and a bunch of plains game have fallen to this gem once owned by Douglas Jardine. Google him for a cool story. 80-grains of IMR 4831 and a 400-grain bullet works very well.

.577 bpe double rifle by Manton. Only in my safe for a couple of weeks, she is cased with all reloading and cleaning accessories, owned by a military officer and in it's original case. Very accurate with 65 grains of IMR 4198 and a 650-grain bullet (even though regulated for a 590-grain bullet).

12-bore Jeffery waterfowl shotgun with 3" chambers and 32-inch barrels, choked extra full. I have taken two turkey with this 12 and a few grouse. With the long barrels, she is the only one of my collection I do not have a case for. Anyone have a long case for sale?

10-bore double shotgun by Williams and Powell. A light 10 for upland game. A good gun for grouse at my home. Note it's a plated box lock. Ejector, too.

.500 bpe double rifle by Ingram of Scotland. Only in my group for a couple of weeks, I have only shot her a few times but is very accurate with 55 grains of IMR 4198 and a 440-grain cast bullet.

.500 nitro double rifle by Watson Brothers. Made in 1904, she was once owned by Jack Lott and has good African history before I bought her. In July of this year I took my elephant bull and a huge warthog with this double shooting 109 grains of IMR 4831 and a 570-grain Woodleigh bullet.

8-bore double rifle by Walter Locke. Of my large caliber doubles, this 8 has been with me the longest. Very accurate with a variety of projectiles and powder charges. I called in a moose a few years ago with this 8 in hand but it was less than 50" and not a taker. Weighs 17 pounds and bored to .875".

16-bore Westley Richards double shotgun from 1881 and sold to a retailer in France in 1882. Needs serious barrel work but, when done, would make a wonderful addition to anyone's collection. This gun is for sale.

Not a bad group for this retired school teacher. Thanks for looking, gentlemen. I'm waiting on a .577 Howdah for import (It is in process) and am looking for a .577 nitro, 100-750 proof.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Pappas,

That is a FINE collection of doubles!!!!

Now I have to clean the drool off of my keyboard!

Posts: 617 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Colin:
Per your request is my current group of pre war doubles from the UK--my only interest in firearms.

Before I post, please, George, go easy on me. I know they are garbage, boat anchors, or whatever and can't compare to your work of art. If anything, pity me and my lack of taste in firearms. All doubles here are cased with accessories except the Jeffery 12-bore with 32-inch barrels.

Thanks for looking.
Cal

4-bore double rifle by Robert Hughes. I have taken two bison with this 4. Very accurate with a variety of bullets and powder charges.

.450 bpe double rifle by E.M. Reilly. Shoots well with 50 grains of IMR 4198 and a 350 grain bullet. This rifle is for sale.

.600 nitro double rifle by John Wilkes. My absolute favorite and has taken moose, a few each of hippo, cape buffalo, water buffalo, and several plains game. Made in April, 1914. 160 grains of IMR 4831 and a 900-grain Woodleigh shoots 2" at 50 yards all day (or as long as your shoulder can tolerate it).

12-bore Baker double rifle. 45 grains of Blue Dot shoots a good target with a round ball.

.500 no2 bpe and 12-bore double rifle and shotgun by Gye and Moncrief. Look at all the accessories in the two-tiered case! This set if for sale. Same ballistics as a .500 bpe 3". Two boxes of ammo go with her as well as a great history of the original owner with family ties to General Patton and life in southern California and the huge San Gabriel Winery.

.450 no2 nitro double rifle by Joseph Lang. Owned by a retired officer from the Boer War who became a White Hunter in Kenya. Made in 1904. 105 grains of IMR 4831 and a 500-grain Hornady or Woodleigh bullet are very accurate. I've taken grizzly, cape buffalo, and giraffe with this Lang as well as smaller game.

.350 no2 ejector nitro double rifle by Rigby. Not hunted with her yet but will take to South Africa in 2018 for plains game. I imported the Rigby from Australia but only after I signed a paper to the Aussie government that I agreed never to use the .350 no2 for any "chemical, nuclear, or biological warfare." No lie!

12-bore double shotgun by W&C Scott. Made in 1874, all original. My grandfather's wedding gift from John Chandlar of Durgin & Park restaurant in Fanuel Hall, Boston. Great for grouse and clays with cylinder boring.

10-bore Manton double rifle. A fairly new purchase, she comes in the original case with all reloading and cleaning accessories. Proving to be very accurate with a ball and 70 grains of Blue Dot.

.450-400 3" nitro double rifle ejector by Harrison and Hussey. Over a dozen caribou, bear, leopard, lion, hippo, croc, water buffalo, and a bunch of plains game have fallen to this gem once owned by Douglas Jardine. Google him for a cool story. 80-grains of IMR 4831 and a 400-grain bullet works very well.

.577 bpe double rifle by Manton. Only in my safe for a couple of weeks, she is cased with all reloading and cleaning accessories, owned by a military officer and in it's original case. Very accurate with 65 grains of IMR 4198 and a 650-grain bullet (even though regulated for a 590-grain bullet).

12-bore Jeffery waterfowl shotgun with 3" chambers and 32-inch barrels, choked extra full. I have taken two turkey with this 12 and a few grouse. With the long barrels, she is the only one of my collection I do not have a case for. Anyone have a long case for sale?

10-bore double shotgun by Williams and Powell. A light 10 for upland game. A good gun for grouse at my home. Note it's a plated box lock. Ejector, too.

.500 bpe double rifle by Ingram of Scotland. Only in my group for a couple of weeks, I have only shot her a few times but is very accurate with 55 grains of IMR 4198 and a 440-grain cast bullet.

.500 nitro double rifle by Watson Brothers. Made in 1904, she was once owned by Jack Lott and has good African history before I bought her. In July of this year I took my elephant bull and a huge warthog with this double shooting 109 grains of IMR 4831 and a 570-grain Woodleigh bullet.

8-bore double rifle by Walter Locke. Of my large caliber doubles, this 8 has been with me the longest. Very accurate with a variety of projectiles and powder charges. I called in a moose a few years ago with this 8 in hand but it was less than 50" and not a taker.

16-bore Westley Richards double shotgun from 1881 and sold to a retailer in France in 1882. Needs serious barrel work but, when done, would make a wonderful addition to anyone's collection. This gun is for sale.

Not a bad group for this retired school teacher. Thanks for looking, gentlemen. I'm waiting on a .577 Howdah for import (It is in process) and am looking for a .577 nitro, 100-750 proof.
Cal

That's a tough act to follow! Cool

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Wow! Eeker

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2802 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed looking at those rifles, Cal.

What is the scope with the Harrison & Hussey .450/.400?

Posts: 5009 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal,
If the shame of owning such double "trash" becomes too much to bear, I'd be happy to store the .350 NE Rigby for you. That's my favorite of the lot. Nice collection!

Karl Evans

Posts: 2813 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
I enjoyed looking at those rifles, Cal.

What is the scope with the Harrison & Hussey .450/.400?

Swarovski 1.25-4x, 30mm.
Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Colin:

Thanks for looking.
Cal

4-bore double rifle by Robert Hughes. I have taken two bison with this 4. Very accurate with a variety of bullets and powder charges.

.600 nitro double rifle by John Wilkes. My absolute favorite and has taken moose, a few each of hippo, cape buffalo, water buffalo, and several plains game. Made in April, 1914. 160 grains of IMR 4831 and a 900-grain Woodleigh shoots 2" at 50 yards all day (or as long as your shoulder can tolerate it).

10-bore Manton double rifle. A fairly new purchase, she comes in the original case with all reloading and cleaning accessories. Proving to be very accurate with a ball and 70 grains of Blue Dot.

8-bore double rifle by Walter Locke. Of my large caliber doubles, this 8 has been with me the longest. Very accurate with a variety of projectiles and powder charges. I called in a moose a few years ago with this 8 in hand but it was less than 50" and not a taker.

Cal

[URL= ]Did you remember to take out the garbage?[/URL]

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not know who to thank more. Colin for asking or Cal for showing.

Shootaway: This is a thread to post rifles, not a picture of your house.

Posts: 11356 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love the Lang .450!

Posts: 1279 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I had a quite moment in my 6th grade class (subbing for a maternity leave) and I called up AR.
I laughed so hard the class thought I was nuts when I read Heym's reply to George. Thanks for brightening my day.
Cal

PS. All of you who see this thread, you are welcome to attend our Alaska double shoot May 5, 2018 and shoot my doubles (and many others, too).

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
GASP!! Awesome collection, Cal!

Posts: 1067 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only problem is Cal so freely shares his photos of his double rifles that I've seen them all!

Of all the double rifles in the world, my favorites being the Leonard actioned Jeffery's.

I promise when I finish my Victorian house remodel I'll start posting pictures. And reloading.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
C'mon, fellas.
There are lots more fine doubles out there.
Let's see them. I love looking at pics of doubles. Perhpas we should start a thread of busty bikini photos. Perhaps that will get you to post!
Cheers, all.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Not quite as impressive as Cal's collection.
W W Greener, 12 Bore, self acting striker patent 1864.

But it brightened my day.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll chime in to keep Cal company though the bulk of my stuff are smooth bores

Gibbs 450NE

Wm Richards 20b nitro proofed Damascus Jones Rotary Underlever cyl, cyl a dedicated Woodcock gun if there ever was one.

Jos Lange 12b key detachable side lock original 2.75 chambers made for A&F 1914

Churchill Regal 12b XXV my father carried for years chasing Woodcock in our New England Coverts just had it refinished for my son.

Purdy 16b 1895 30" barrels been accompanying me for the last 30years more than 30 days a year chasing woodcock and grouse

Posts: 1615 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for sharing. Nice start to the weekend. If I can remember how to post pics I'll put up my new Francotte .475 No.2 Taking it out this weekend to test fire.

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
Cal,
If the shame of owning such double "trash" becomes too much to bear, I'd be happy to store the .350 NE Rigby for you. That's my favorite of the lot. Nice collection!

Here's your opportunity to get one of your very own although not regulated for the No.2 load.

https://www.cowanauctions.com/...double-rifle-1958461

Yes, Cal has a nice variety there for sure.

Posts: 3243 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal- do you know if the Jeffery 12g is a Leonard (Harry and son) actioned gun? It looks like it with the scalloping.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Colin:
Good day. I would say yes, it was made by Leonard. However I can't be 100% sure as my 12 is in the 28,000 serial number range and my records of who made each serial number batch of Jeffery records ends with 27,600. From the records I do have, all actions made in the style of my 12 were by Leonard--last name only is given in the ledgers.

When I was researching my book on the .600s. Mr. Friedkin, who recently passed away I believe, gave me access to his stash of Jeffery ledgers and I did a lot, and I mean A LOT, of photocopying. He unselfishly gave me an office, a photocopier, and access to his personal assistant for any questions I had. He even provided me with food and drink whilst there. A very kind gentleman. I did this work with the agreement it was for my own study and I was not to provide copies of the ledgers to those wishing to document their personal rifles or shotguns. I believe the ledgers have been passed on to another but I'm not completely sure.
Cheers, mate.
Cal

PS. Many of those who made batches of serial numbers for Jeffery had their own style or design--usually how the action where it butts up to the head of the stock was made.

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing ,friends.Some very beautiful pieces there.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Masters:
I love the Lang .450!

+1
More photos of the Lang would be appreciated.
There is a lovely box lock Lang at Barnett's atm

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not any more..... hee hee

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
quote:
I love the Lang .450!

+1
More photos of the Lang would be appreciated.
There is a lovely box lock Lang at Barnett's atm

OZHunter:
Only becasue you asked…
Buffalo was taken in Zim in 2003 with the Lang and the target is 10 shots, 50 yards and left 5 are the left barrel and the right 5 are the right barrel. I can't locate now the pics of the grizzly and giraffe and some plains game I've taken with the .450 no2.
Cheers,
Cal

Cheers, all.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good example of cast off in the bottom picture of your last post.
Assuming your Lang is a Webley Screw Grip, does your Lang have two serial numbers??
One for Lang the other for Webley?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle Cal

Posts: 373 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 13 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr:
A good example of cast off in the bottom picture of your last post.
Assuming your Lang is a Webley Screw Grip, does your Lang have two serial numbers??
One for Lang the other for Webley?

The Lang number is on the bottom strap, on both barrel flats, and on both action bars. There is another 5-digit number on the lower rib, just ahead of the flats. Could it be this number?
Cal
PS. Thanks, BC and others, for your kind words.

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Lang is lovely...but I have a soft spot for your .600, its even regulated for the 110 grain load...wow.. Smiler

Posts: 3965 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Believe it is. would be fun to have someone chime in....
My Barrels are off to Kirk Merrington to get a new bottom rib layed or I would swap numbers with you

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal- there should be a Leonard proof mark on th barrel under the forearm?

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cal- there should be a Leonard proof mark on th barrel under the forearm?

There is a proof mark under the fore arm but it is fairly rough and difficult to make out any details. Ahead of it is a 4 digit serial number.
Cal

PS. A few years ago I had this Jeffery sold and the deal fell through. I kept it marked sold on my website and kept it and used it for turkey. I will do so again this April when I fly to Kansas. While it is marked LC for long chamber, the 3" shells available today are loaded too heavy so I shoot 1 1/4 oz of number 4 shot in a 2 3/4" length from Remington.

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Cal,

I picked up a Brady of Halesowen case, they stopped making cases about 20 years ago.
Let me look at the dimensions it may be long enough for your 32" barrels.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote