New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Guns of Bengt Berg
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Bengt Berg ,grandfather of Natacha Illum Berg ordered in the late 20s,early 1930 a mindblowing set of basqules and barrel seta from Simson , they can be found further down here. His wife had a set also of ,also portrayed here.

Wonder what it would cost today,150- 200k US maybe ?

http://www.germanhuntingguns.c...s/archive-simson-co/

was mr Rigby before a pc crash

Posts: 158 | Location: Kristiansand, Norway | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These guns here in the artical are among the top(spitzenklassen) of german gunart/guncraft. I am sure Peter Hofer or Karl Hauptmann could do something similar and from here it starts from €150K..

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the article on the SIMSON FAMILY.
I will put it in the Provenance of my Simson double rifle.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Excellent find. I was trying to find the article on Bengt Berg's rifles. Tried Google but it did not return any good leads. Then I checked here and lo here it is. Thank you.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 810 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to help all of you who are as gunbugs as me , and lot of history in them. As i know all his weapons are in Sweden to this day. Not exactly where,but they are safe and good, cherised as mementos and inspiration for future builds i would guess.

I was lucky to get some of his books and reading about it was great.
No idea what it would cost to order a set today, but i think bank managers would not be pleased over loan application on it, and probably confuse some Police license officers in all those big chamberings at once part or other

was mr Rigby before a pc crash

Posts: 158 | Location: Kristiansand, Norway | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With Quote