Tools

Good Time to Buy a Chapuis
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
LOLOLOL!!! I thought that would get you going :-)

Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
dpcd:

did you pay extra for scope regulation?
or just specified them that you needed it regulated for scope?
how much did they charge you for scope mounts and rings? QD EAW/Apel, I guess?

also, did you specify certain cartridge for regulation? or was that their choice?

tnx in advance!

Posts: 746 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Nothing is free once you start adding options; the base rifle comes regulated with iron sights at 50 meters and is supposed to shoot a 2 inch right and left group. If you want to add a scope, they will regulate it at 100 meters, with the 2 inch standard. You also have to send them your scope. They use Norma ammo for regulation. Regulation for 100M costs about $250 and the EAW mounts (which have the Chapuis logo on them) cost about $350. I also got 4x wood; that was another $600, (probably not worth it as they have pretty good wood as is) and I had them raise the drop at the heel, which on the standard rifle is way too much drop. Prices are not exact; it depends on the Euro but they are close. Lots of people don't bother with the 100 meter regulation and add the scope themselves with good results. All their rifles are slotted and drilled for scope mounts anyway.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With all that it seems like you got a custom gun for not much more than the cost of a factory one. But $350 for the mounts does seem a little steep. Good shooting!

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
German mounts are way over priced.

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
dpcd:

Great gun, great caliber and you are right, Dale is a great guy to deal with. Congratulations tu2

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes, I love it; it is a pleasure to shoot; not that I am going to quit shooting my harder kicking DRs. But I am shooting this one more. Those European hunters might have have a good idea with small caliber double rifles.